Name The Fish You Can't Seem To Keep

flower

On disapearing fish... I understand how a fish can disapear in a saltwater...cleaning crew.
I had one of those little 1 gallon tanks for a freshwater beta, it had a tight fitting lid. The fish disappeared, no sign of it. Not outside, not in that little tank...nothing. I never figured out the mystery to this day.

culp

with my tank for the longest time i could not keep a royal gramma. i tried 6 times and none lasted longer than a month. than we tried one more time and she has been with us for two months now with out a problem.

unleashed

anthias are my weak point i could never get them to settle in just right every time i tried they ended up hiding in the rocks and turned into serpent star food or died within 48 hrs of purchase

ryancw01

Diamond Goby...I didnt have a canopy before and I lost a few that jumped out. My LFS doesnt have lids on any of their displays so they would be fine for months and then all the sudden jump out.
So I finally built a canopy and bought a pair of gobys and they dissapeared into the rocks and I never saw them again. $40 to have fish for one day. Awesome!!!

tonysi

clown sweet lips it took just 2 for me to give up.I finally seen a pic of an adult, ugly buggers.

peter1215

Terrible luck with anthias!!! tried three pink squares and numerous lyretails over two years..all died. gave up on anthias.

mantisman51

Clowns-ocellaris, Clarkii and tomatoe and Mandarins. I have had LR from established reef tanks for 2 years and since July tons more LR with coral and I have bought rotifers and such several times to seed the tank (I see the tiny critters on the glass everytime I don't clean the glass for a few days-I know there in there), but have had two mandarins, each for three weeks, at which time I found them belly up(literally belly up-on the DSB) without any damage visible. So no clowns or mandarins. Shame too, I love Clarkii's.

runn3rb3an

For some reason I keep hitting this wall when it comes to whale sharks. I've tried them 3 times in my pool by for some reason they never last the night...maybe it's the chlorine%

small triggers

hey,,, ive got some 6-gills in my back yard though,, geez you cant get rid of them though
(my back yard could be considered the seattle pier)

maryg

My problem is misfits! Everytime I go to any LFS and I see a poor damaged or malnourished fish I try to bring it home to rehab it only for it to be too far gone before I get it. I had a one-eyed kole tang (attack from yellow tangs in too small of a tank) and a green spotted mandarin (malnourished). This brings me down every time. But I can't help myself.

rigdon87

I can't keep any
. The longest i kept a sw fish was 5months and it was a maroon clown..iv'e tried a number of tangs and a lionfish but all have died within a month and a half..juss bought a yellow tang yesturday and it already looks like he aint gonna make it

I would have to say Mystery Wrasse. My first one jumped after 3 mos. The second one I added it to the tank and never saw it again.

novahobbies

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3040000
I have single handedly depleted the royal gramma species greatly
I hear ya brother! I've had two and never could keep 'em alive for some strange reason. Not buying another........I think.

Also lost an expensive tang to ich, even tho I QT'd him for 3 weeks. Guess there was ich in my display, but my other fish had never shown signs!