NaNo-NeWb1983's 24g Nano Cube thread!!

rickyh24

What kind of lighting is on this tank? I just moved and sold my reef tank because of the move. I either want to start up a nano or an aggressive tank. Cant decide though.

rickyh24

Where would I get a setup like that? I live in Vegas and dont have any really great LFS's. Just ***** and other stuff like that.

nano-newb1983

Today i redid my rock work. I didnt really want to, cause i really liked how i had it before. the reason i thought it needed to be done was because i was getting alot of dead spots with no flow.
Now, i really like how i did it. I have alot of open area in behind my rock and thats where alot of the dead spots were. I will post some pics of the new rock work once water clears a bit and my light comes one

cal559

Like your rock work i had to do the same thing. It's hard though trying to keep the rock off the back wall without going forward too much...lol
Rotary told me to keep my LR off the wall for better circulation and I'm glad he told me that.

nano-newb1983

yup, very important not to have dead spots on back wall. I will be much better now, and my clowns found a lil cave to hang out in now...

whisk

cool man, i kinda miss the openess you had in the middle, but it still looks good, i like the cave, and you definitely have much more room in the back for flow.
I also dig your scooter a ton!

nano-newb1983

i miss the cave too, but i just need a more open back for some flow... Thats all i could do without moving my 2 larger rocks on bottom, didnt wanna to stir sand up
Stay tuned for a new pic, got a nice zoas rock

cal559

Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983
http:///forum/post/2853518
Im going to be going to LFS tomarrow and wanted to up my CUC a bit.
I was thinking on a conch, any particular type i should look for?
Also i would like a Fire shrimp, will it get along with my peppermint shrimp?
If i decide not to get another shrimp, would a Arrow crab work?
Tonga Fighting Conch