Nano Reefers! Info and Tank Photos!

feather

28g here...having issues allover, so only a few fish and the liverock at this moment. I HOPE to start as nice of a setup as you guys here, but need some answers first :) I made a post in this section, so if anyone would be kind enough to give it a look, it would be much appreciated. But here is my little tank, as of now :)

jelly crab

Feather! That LR setup is amazing O.O That's what I want to do! I want alittle arch/cave thing. Even if there isn't a lot in there yet, it's already beautiful :D

hi my name is ernest and i dont have a saltwater aquarium but im saving up money so that i could get a 29 gallon nano aquarium. i have had a lot of experience with freshwater aquariums. i am only 14 and i am low on bugdet. now here comes my question ............. i already now wat i want in my aquarium(fish wise) but i wanted to now wat kind of corals can i keep.......... i also wanted to now if i could keep an anemone because my petstore is selling a mated pair of ocellaris clowns that live in a bubble anemone. so i just wanted to now if i should buy the deal....
i also wanted to now if any of you saltwater and freshwater hobbyists had any kribs for sale?
thanks

socalnano24

I wouldn't buy a mated clown pair; until your tank has been set up for maybe a month. Don't get an anemone until your tank has been set up for 6 months min recomended.
What fish do you want to get? You may want to list them here and get a recomendation from some of us (LFS are known for giving bad advice to sell as many fish as they can). For a 29 gallon, if you're already planning on two clowns, you wouldn't want more than 3 other small fish (small as in adult size)
Welcome to the hobby and the site :)

hunt

Originally Posted by ernestpolska
http:///forum/post/3296826
hi my name is ernest and i dont have a saltwater aquarium but im saving up money so that i could get a 29 gallon nano aquarium. i have had a lot of experience with freshwater aquariums. i am only 14 and i am low on bugdet. now here comes my question ............. i already now wat i want in my aquarium(fish wise) but i wanted to now wat kind of corals can i keep.......... i also wanted to now if i could keep an anemone because my petstore is selling a mated pair of ocellaris clowns that live in a bubble anemone. so i just wanted to now if i should buy the deal....
i also wanted to now if any of you saltwater and freshwater hobbyists had any kribs for sale?
thanks
haha, i have a 29g and im 14.
What fish do you want, that can effect coral.
I have two small BTAs in my tank and two ocellaris clowns.
you cycle your tank before you add any fish which can take up to a month. If you want an anemone, you will have to wait for your tank to mature and be stable which is usually around six months after your cycle. If you want corals and an anemone, you need good enough lights (i have a coralife 65w power compact over my tank, but i only am keeping very easy corals , kenya trees, mushrooms, and some gsp corals and my BTAs are at the highest point in my tank.) The main advice i have for you is patience is key to this hobby, and it is very expensive, I have over 500$ into my 29g, and many people here are in th thousands. good luck, if you have any questions just start a thread and youll gt help

hunt

What socalnano says it true, but im keeping 4 (two clowns and two firefish) and am planning on adding a tailspot blenny. The reason i can make this work is that they are all generally docile fish who stick to there own part of the tank, and i am able to keep up with the extra bioload to keep my water good.

I AM PLANNING ON GETTING OCCELARIS CLOWNS. AND MAMY BLENNIES OR GOBBIES. I ALSO NOW THAT I HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BEFORE I DO ANYTHING. I AM NOT TO WORIED ABOUT COST BECAUSE I HAVE ABOUT A 1000$ PUT IN MY FRESHWATER AND MY DAD ALSO HAS THE AQUARIUM FISH FEVER AND HE UNDERSTANDS THAT IT CAN BE COSSTLY. I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE ON OTHER POSTS A KID HAD A SHRIMP IN BAD WATER QUALITY. I THOUGHT SHRIMP WERE SENSITIVE TO BAD WATER QUALITY?
AND THANKS U GIES ARE SO INFORMITIVE.......

socalnano24

Originally Posted by ernestpolska
http:///forum/post/3296851
I AM PLANNING ON GETTING OCCELARIS CLOWNS. AND MAMY BLENNIES OR GOBBIES. I ALSO NOW THAT I HAVE TO WAIT A WHILE BEFORE I DO ANYTHING. I AM NOT TO WORIED ABOUT COST BECAUSE I HAVE ABOUT A 1000$ PUT IN MY FRESHWATER AND MY DAD ALSO HAS THE AQUARIUM FISH FEVER AND HE UNDERSTANDS THAT IT CAN BE COSSTLY. I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE ON OTHER POSTS A KID HAD A SHRIMP IN BAD WATER QUALITY. I THOUGHT SHRIMP WERE SENSITIVE TO BAD WATER QUALITY?
AND THANKS U GIES ARE SO INFORMITIVE.......
Yes, shrimp are sensitive to water; typically a Fish only tank is least sensitive, followed by Fish only and Inverts (shrimps, tube worms etc.) followed by a reef tank being the most sensitive to water issues and changes.
Shrimp are mainly sensitive to calcium and alkalinity since it enables them the ability to produce a new exoskeleton and form a rigid shell. (if calcium is off they can't produce a new skeleton, if alkalinity is off their new shell won't harden)
PLEASE spell KNOW (NOW the way you use it) with a K, your spelling is driving me nuts! LOL

Whats up guys. Im a noob to this hobby but I got started with an established 24g Aquapod from a friend about a week ago. I was set to buy a 46g but got this one instead. My buddy took all of his stuff he grew out of it but left me some really cool stuff to start off with. Heres a list.

Tank:
24g Aquapod
Sponge filters in sump with carbon bag (No other bio balls or anything)
I bought a new 32w Sunpaq Actinic Lights along with the 10k & 6.7k 32w bulb
An extra power head
2 Led's for Moon lighting

Creatures:
1 False Perc
Cleaners: 1 Turbo snail, 3 hermits, 1 cleaner shrimp, maybe a few other snails that i rarely see
2 Blue mushrooms
1 Giant mushrooom
Lots of Xenia

Ive added:
1 Coral Beauty
1 Six Line Wrasse
Small Frogspawn
Small Torch Coral
Medium Candycane coral
Feather duster
1 (Supposed) LT nem but i believe it to be a seabe because it's totally white.

Everything is going great. I just got the nem yesterday and It has already attached itself to a rock/sand so hopefully it will eat tonight. Im hoping it will pull through cause I want my clown to host in it.

I feed a mixture of Brine, Mysis, Rotifers, and some veggies every now and again.

Whats up guys. Im a noob to this hobby but I got started with an established 24g Aquapod from a friend about a week ago. I was set to buy a 46g but got this one instead. My buddy took all of his stuff he grew out of it but left me some really cool stuff to start off with. Heres a list.

Tank:
24g Aquapod
Sponge filters in sump with carbon bag (No other bio balls or anything)
I bought a new 32w Sunpaq Actinic Lights along with the 10k & 6.7k 32w bulb
An extra power head
2 Led's for Moon lighting

Creatures:
1 False Perc
Cleaners: 1 Turbo snail, 3 hermits, 1 cleaner shrimp, maybe a few other snails that i rarely see
2 Blue mushrooms
1 Giant mushrooom
Lots of Xenia

Ive added:
1 Coral Beauty
1 Six Line Wrasse
Small Frogspawn
Small Torch Coral
Medium Candycane coral
Feather duster
1 (Supposed) LT nem but i believe it to be a seabe because it's totally white.

Everything is going great. I just got the nem yesterday and It has already attached itself to a rock/sand so hopefully it will eat tonight. Im hoping it will pull through cause I want my clown to host in it.

I feed a mixture of Brine, Mysis, Rotifers, and some veggies every now and again.

gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestpolska http:///forum/thread/335704/29-24-14-nano-reefers/1320#post_3296826
thanks
I'm 14 too, but I just have an 8 gallon... Upgrading as soon as I get the money to Biocube's 29 with Metal Halides, though.

nissan577

we gotta bring this back up! this thread was fun. and has a lot of great info plus pics. we gotta get the nano reefers going again!

nissan577

idk mom a lot of people have been gone. here the list of the first members. you remember them??!!
thats just half of them
1. Nissan577
2. Alexknight
3. Subielover
4. Rebelprettyboy
5. NaNo-NeWb1983
6. Coral Keeper
7. SilverDak
8. HappityLogan
9. PerfectDark
10. Fcatch76
11. Oceana
12. Paintballer768
13. Dnraiders

1snapple

Im tagging so i can post it up tomorrow, I got a brand new rainbow monti tonight from the local club, Its so awesome. Pink 2/ orange feeding tentacles. (forgot scientific name)