Nascar Fans I need advice

reefforbrains

I am big on engines obviously. I love hitting the drag track and riding the old Sears Point track but aside from superbikes and top drags I rarely go to the track to watch races.
I have some tickets to the Nascar Craftsman Truck series in Vegas on Sept 22 at the Vegas speedway.
Are the truck races worth a dang to see live?

ruaround

they are fun, but not as fun as cup or busch... if youve seen a cup race you are going to be disappointed with the trucks... typically there are only 25(ish) trucks that run and you can tell who the top 5 to 7 drivers are... the trucks only get up to 160 average... but, the race is short (prolly a 200)...
heres a couple pix from the Kansas Race... we were sitting 10 rows from the top...

B

bkneeland

I have been to a couple truck races and also a few of the nextel cup races. The trucks are fun to watch, they are shorter races and so there is racing on every lap, not like the other longer nextel races where it seems that they are just riding during the middle portion of the race. The drivers arent as well known as other race drivers, but these guys arent afraid to do some bumping and banging. It is fun....you should go!!

rbaldino

I've only been to one NASCAR race, the Cup race at Sears Point a few years ago, but I watch pretty much all of it on TV. From everything I've seen and heard it seems like the trucks are actually capable of putting on a more entertaining race. They rely less on aerodynamics and can actually pass each other, so you might see a lot of action. At the same time, Las Vegas is a pretty boring track, which will probably make for a boring race. If you've got tickets, though, you might as well go.

H

huskychasrs

I've been to a couple truck races...and I loved it. Wreckers or checkers for those cats.

Just don't stay at New York, NY unless you have body armor.

renogaw

honestly, it's not the race, its the crowd that makes going to a race. how often can you get 100's of thousands of people together, all drinking beer and doing other unmentionables, and not have very much trouble? i went to loudon for a weekend and it was the time of my life. if you can go for the whole weekend you won't forget it ever. just be prepared for TRAFFIC!!

scotts

OK here is my take. First of all I was going to say he$$ yes you have to go. I have been to cup races and Busch races and had a blast. But then I looked it up and saw that it was a stand alone race. The cars are in Dover that weekend. Here is what to do at a car race and that they might or might not have at a truck race.
Souviner trailers. Fun to walk through and look/buy.
Practice. Watching the practice is cool.
Scanner. You MUST have a scanner. To hear the drivers talk to their crew and also to hear the radio broadcast. Half of the fun of listening to the radio broadcast is hearing them talk back and forth during the commercials.
Going near the track. Have to hear the engines as they give'em the gas.
Now I am not sure how much of this they have during the truck race. Also the thought of being in the sun in Nevada in September

If you do go you need to know the drivers so that you can follow along and it is just not a bunch of rednecks going in circles. You would NEED to rent a scanner.

rbaldino

Originally Posted by Scotts
Scanner. You MUST have a scanner. To hear the drivers talk to their crew and also to hear the radio broadcast. Half of the fun of listening to the radio broadcast is hearing them talk back and forth during the commercials.
Personally, I can't imagine going to a race and listening to a scanner instead of the cars. I want to hear horsepower, not BS.

tne1cancme

Man, GO for it!!. IMO the cup races are just to dang long. I love the truck and busch races, they just seem like more action. Every truck race I've been to at Texas Motor Speedway was action packed. I've seen 2 cup races, 2 busch races, 3 trucks and 1 indy (one was enough, they sucked) and I will pay to go to the truck races, the only cup races I'm going to from now on will be freebies.
Be sure and get a race radio it's well worth it.
AND MOST IMPORTANT HAVE FUN!!

92protruck

Vegas is a great place to see a race. the track was re-built last year with variable banking and will likely make for a good race. the pits in Vegas are the best anywhere. Pit passes to the neon garage are only $10 for the truck race, they were like $150 for the cars last march. Pay the $10 and enjoy live bands, food, drink, and watching the action in the pits. There is no other race venue that comes close to Vegas. See ya there!! Oh... trucks are cool to watch...guess I should say that since the wife races one!

rbaldino

Originally Posted by 92ProTruck
Vegas is a great place to see a race. the track was re-built last year with variable banking and will likely make for a good race.
Yes, but now it's a single groove track, making passing difficult. It's going to take a few years for a second groove to come in.

H

huskychasrs

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
I am big on engines obviously. I love hitting the drag track and riding the old Sears Point track but aside from superbikes and top drags I rarely go to the track to watch races.
I have some tickets to the Nascar Craftsman Truck series in Vegas on Sept 22 at the Vegas speedway.
Are the truck races worth a dang to see live?
Dude just send them to me I'll go... too much negatativity for you
to deal with!

reefforbrains

Husky where are you at?
A NV local?
I already promised a pair to someone else but I have yet another pair Ill send to you if you are serious about wanting to go. PM me

fishkiller

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
found his t-shirt online!
LOL YES!!!
Sorry yall, I'm from the south, but I just don't see what the big fuss is about. But to each his own, so please continue enjoying. Don't let me and the miami dude ruin it for ya.

reefforbrains

No worries FK.
I first told my wife straight faced that to get into the pits they actually will check us at the gates.
First for our wrist badges.........secondly to make sure pulled down our bottom lip to show we had chewing tabacco. I said it with such conviction she almost believed me.
I laugh and joke about so many things that one of my favorite people to make fun of is myself.
I AM going to track down a "Who Farted" T shirt for me (sleevless of course)and also "I'm with Stupid" shirt for my wife.
We will both be complete with Mesh trucker hats and wallet chains. Fake tattoos that say "Rubbin's Racin"
PS- If there happens to be a member sitting at thier computer with a big ole dumpster lip full of chaw, in a "who farted" T shirt with a mesh trucker hat and wallet chain....well then sorry for poking at any softspots.
-RFB

reefforbrains

For the record let me say while I poke fun at Nascar and it might not be my first choice, they do work very hard to put on the show and they have some of the most loyal fans of ANY sport so it cant be all bad.
Just too dang easy to make fun of to let it pass without a few jabs.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
No worries FK.
I first told my wife straight faced that to get into the pits they actually will check us at the gates.
First for our wrist badges.........secondly to make sure pulled down our bottom lip to show we had chewing tabacco. I said it with such conviction she almost believed me.
I laugh and joke about so many things that one of my favorite people to make fun of is myself.
I AM going to track down a "Who Farted" T shirt for me (sleevless of course)and also "I'm with Stupid" shirt for my wife.
We will both be complete with Mesh trucker hats and wallet chains. Fake tattoos that say "Rubbin's Racin"
PS- If there happens to be a member sitting at thier computer with a big ole dumpster lip full of chaw, in a "who farted" T shirt with a mesh trucker hat and wallet chain....well then sorry for poking at any softspots.
-RFB
dangitt yew gotsa heddin camrey in awr room !!