NCAA Football

rylan1

Many top programs fell this past weekend... Ohio State is up to #4 and LSU is #1 now...
The biggest reason why I started this thread was to shout out Crimzy and any other Michigan Fans. I wanted to point out that we've brought one of your very own to the flock....Check out these comments by Braylon Edwards
O-H I-O
Braylon Edwards could be seen making the arm movements that spell O-H-I-O. Given that he's disavowed anything related to OSU since his arrival from the University of Michigan on draft day, more than a few heads turned, and he knows it.
''I think the 'O-H-I-O' is so much bigger than Ohio State. I was definitely doing it,'' he said with a wide grin. ''I told myself, 'I'm part of Ohio. This is my residence. This is where I play football. This is where I earn my paycheck. This is the city I've adopted and has adopted me,' . . . so I don't mind doing O-H-I-O. I don't believe it's just pertains to Ohio State. Cleveland is in Ohio. That's my statement. I can live with that.''

crimzy

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Many top programs fell this past weekend... Ohio State is up to #4 and LSU is #1 now...
The biggest reason why I started this thread was to shout out Crimzy and any other Michigan Fans. I wanted to point out that we've brought one of your very own to the flock....Check out these comments by Braylon Edwards
O-H I-O
Braylon Edwards could be seen making the arm movements that spell O-H-I-O. Given that he's disavowed anything related to OSU since his arrival from the University of Michigan on draft day, more than a few heads turned, and he knows it.
''I think the 'O-H-I-O' is so much bigger than Ohio State. I was definitely doing it,'' he said with a wide grin. ''I told myself, 'I'm part of Ohio. This is my residence. This is where I play football. This is where I earn my paycheck. This is the city I've adopted and has adopted me,' . . . so I don't mind doing O-H-I-O. I don't believe it's just pertains to Ohio State. Cleveland is in Ohio. That's my statement. I can live with that.''

What a day Saturday was for college football. I was in Chicago catching my wolverines have a bit of trouble with Northwestern. The strange thing is that with all the upsets, there could have been 2 more. My spartans almost pulled out a barn burner against Wisconsin and USC had some trouble with Washington.
BTW, thanks for reminding me of Braylen. I haven't heard of him since he left U of M. He plays for the CFL now, right? Oh and just so you know, your Browns would have been better served to pick up a RB with their Quinn pick and then grabbing Troy Smith in the 3rd or 4th round. Quinn, Ohio's favorite son, is working his way up to be a poor man's Joey Harrington.

rylan1

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
Yeah Baby....USF Bulls #6. Takin' the country by storm.

6 may be a little high right now...

groupergenius

Originally Posted by Rylan1
6 may be a little high right now...
Oh C'mon man. Let me bask in the glory for at least 1 week.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by reefraff
You'll have more than a week. They don't play any real grownup teams for a couple weeks yet

Ha, this coming from Montana.

bizoid

buckeye till i die. although we are #4, we are being set up for failure again this year. wisconsin or the big blue will probably end our chances. but crazier things have happened before. jimbo pulls the best out of those kids ea. yr. just maybe we will play for the nat'l championship. go buckeyes
touchdown!!!!

kjr_trig

It was a great weekend! I just returned to Pac 10 country after 6 years of living in SEC land. I have to say, I think the Pac 10 is better than ever, and is likely the best conference in the country. Watching Oregan/Cal, then Washington/USC was impressive, I agree with Kirk Herbstreet (even though he is a Buckeye) the Pac-10 may have 3 of the top 5 teams in the nation. I will say though Rylan, what a great "rebuilding year" Ohio State is going to have, and Crimzy, I think Mich will still have a chance to beat Ohio and win the conference. I do agree that LSU looks better than SC so far, but talent will win out for SC if they play in the title game.

Yeah #4 is high for the Bucks right now. But, they continue to improve every week so we will see waht happens. As for South Florida they have a good defense and im not sure of the #6 and definatley enjoy it. They will have the chance to prove themselves. Also, the breakout year for a receiver is their 3rd year in case you havent heard. I have adopted Braylon as a true Ohioan! Go Bucks! Go Browns!

reefraff

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
Ha, this coming from Montana.

Never confuse location with team loyalty. My team is #1 in the coaches poll

nigerbang

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
3 little letters for you all....S.E.C!!!
Yup....
Let USC play 1 season in the SEC.....2 losses atleast..

reefraff

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Yup....

Yep, just ask Auburn and Arkansas

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Yup....
Give me a break Niger...I lived the last 6 years in SEC country (S. Carolina), and I can attest that the SEC is typically the deepest and best conference in the country. This year I would have to give the PAC 10 the nod. Tough for me to agree with Kirk Herbstreet (who is a Buckeye) but he says 3 of the top 5 teams in the country are in the PAC 10. Anyone who thinks USC would struggle through the SEC....Spare me, USC is hands down the most talented team in the country every year for the last 5, not even debateable. Only reason they didn't pound Florida in the title game was because they played in the PAC, and lost twice.

wingzfan

I think that the BCS is such a joke. Why does it matter if you are ranked highly and beat a cupcake team by 3? A win is a win. There should be a playoff. (BTW USF is overrated)

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Give me a break Niger...I lived the last 6 years in SEC country (S. Carolina), and I can attest that the SEC is typically the deepest and best conference in the country. This year I would have to give the PAC 10 the nod. Tough for me to agree with Kirk Herbstreet (who is a Buckeye) but he says 3 of the top 5 teams in the country are in the PAC 10. Anyone who thinks USC would struggle through the SEC....Spare me, USC is hands down the most talented team in the country every year for the last 5, not even debateable. Only reason they didn't pound Florida in the title game was because they played in the PAC, and lost twice.

so you think USC can beat LSU and you think USC has more talent on their team than LSU?? of course being in the pac 10 USC probably gets the most tv time on that side so yeah they are going to get the best recruits...the hardest team they have on board this year is Cal...thats like here depending on your location in the state and you want to go pro AU, Bama or UF