NCAAF Nat'l Championship

burch2006

Who's going to watch it? Obviously being a huge buckeyes fan I am pumped for this game... I am eager to see the sweater vest come out tonight and dominate (from a coaching aspect) this game from start to finish. O H ~ I O!!! I think it will be a great game, especially because the bucks have had a chip on their shoulder from the spanking they took last year

kjr_trig

OH-IO soon to be 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games....Rumor has it if LSU wins the game in sloppy fashion, good chance at another split National Championship with Georgia or USC getting lots of votes in the AP poll....So far I am 4-0 against the spread in BCS games....LSU by 20 tonight.

mike22cha

I won't be watching the game, I'm betting that LSU will win, though I'm hoping OSU wins. I'm ready bumed about OU's lost so no more NCAAF for me till next season.
I'm more interested in seeing my Chargers going all the way to the superbowl!

ruaround

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
OH-IO soon to be 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games....Rumor has it if LSU wins the game in sloppy fashion, good chance at another split National Championship with Georgia or USC getting lots of votes in the AP poll....So far I am 4-0 against the spread in BCS games....LSU by 20 tonight.
under the BCS there cant be a split... thats one of the reasons they went to the BCS... if the voters cant follow their own rules then a ONE loss Hawai'i team should be the NC...

reefraff

The AP isn't bound by contract so there can be a split just as there was the last time LSU was in the game the year Oklahoma lost the big 12 champ game and still got in somehow. Not only did the AP pick USC as the #1 team that year several coaches also voted for them despite being contractually obligated to vote for the winner of the NC game.
Neither one of these teams are the best in the country. There needs to be a playoff system.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ruaround
under the BCS there cant be a split... thats one of the reasons they went to the BCS... if the voters cant follow their own rules then a ONE loss Hawai'i team should be the NC...
Not true Ru...The Coaches poll is required to vote for the winner of the BCS champ game...The AP can vote any way they want. That is how LSU won the BCS game over OU a few years ago, and USC still was #1 in the AP...That was a split title
I agree reefraf, either of these teams would lose to Georgia or USC.........IMO of course

ruaround

Originally Posted by reefraff
The AP isn't bound by contract so there can be a split just as there was the last time LSU was in the game the year Oklahoma lost the big 12 champ game and still got in somehow. Not only did the AP pick USC as the #1 team that year several coaches also voted for them despite being contractually obligated to vote for the winner of the NC game.
Neither one of these teams are the best in the country. There needs to be a playoff system.
nope... the BCS National Championship (added in 2006) is the 5th BCS game and is for the #1 and #2 ranked teams... when Oklahoma won there were only 4 BCS Bowl games and no "National Championship Bowl" game...

ruaround

Not true Ru...The Coaches poll is required to vote for the winner of the BCS champ game...The AP can vote any way they want. That is how LSU won the BCS game over OU a few years ago, and USC still was #1 in the AP...That was a split title
I agree reefraf, either of these teams would lose to Georgia or USC.........IMO of course
BUT the AP is only 1/3 (coaches 1/3 and BCS 1/3)... so that is why the 5th game was added... prior to the 2006 season you would be correct...

reefraff

The AP isn't even figured in the BCS now. Its a combination of the coaches poll, the series of computer rankings and the Harris Interactive poll. AP still ranks teams and is recognized as a national championship, by everyone but the fans of the team that wins the BCS game :D

kjr_trig

BUT the AP is only 1/3 (coaches 1/3 and BCS 1/3)... so that is why the 5th game was added... prior to the 2006 season you would be correct...
Dosen't matter Ru, they can still have a split title...Kirk Herbstreet said it today....The AP is separate and counts just as much as the other 2 combined.

ruaround

they just covered for you...
Big 10 = Most Over Rated Conf in FBS!!!
who cares about what Herstriet says... 1/3 is still 1/3...

J

jrthomas40

so how many does that make for the SEC??? Ohio gave it a valiant effort but was no match
UGA would have a hard time with LSU but would be a better match up than ohio....when LSU's defense is on it is hard to produce

ruaround

Originally Posted by jrthomas40
so how many does that make for the SEC??? Ohio gave it a valiant effort but was no match
UGA would have a hard time with LSU but would be a better match up than ohio....when LSU's defense is on it is hard to produce
SEC now has 14 NC's...
UGA beat LSU during the regular season...

J

jrthomas40

yeah hence the reason it would have been a better match up...revenge and even though the D started out slow it came back sharp...playing a team they have played before i think it would have started sharp knowing the type of formations and plays better having practiced against it twice

spyder78

SEC now has 14 NC's...
UGA beat LSU during the regular season...
Sorry guys, but LSU did not play Georgia this season.
But I will take this opportunity to say, "GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!"

nigerbang

Didnt see that coming...Well okay I knew that was going to happen....Woot Woot SEC...UGA #2 in the AP