need a new tang

nayr

I HAVE A 90G REEF W A 20G SUMP W/REFUG. I HAVE 2 ANENOMES & 2 CINAMON CLOWNS. I NEED A NEW TANG SINCE I LOST MY 8" YELLOW TO A TRAGIC POWER HEAD ACCIDENT. I LOVE THE ACHILLES AND THE BLACKNOSE AND THE ORANGE SHOULDER. I DON'T EXPECT TO BE PUTTING ANYMORE FISH IN THE TANK SO IMO I THINK ONE DOMINATE TANG WOULDN'T HURT. BESIDES THE SURGEON FISH IS IMO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SPECIES.
ANYONE WITH A SUGGESTION?
THANKS RYAN

reefrobber

sorry about your yellow tang
i believe the naso is a moderate level fish it is a slow grower so you could keep it for a while, but it gets to be 20 inches!!! the orange shoulder gets to be about a foot. i would reccomend either a regal tang for a while or another fish from the zebrasoma group that's what i'm getting in my ninety:joy: :happy: :joy:

nayr

THANKS! I VALUE ANY INPUT. WHY NO ON THE POWDER IN A 90? MINE IS 30" TALL X 4' LONG. MAYBE THE SIZE IS OK? I LIKE THE FACT THAT A REGAL IS SLIGHTLY LESS AGGRESSIVE THOUGH. I'VE SEEN THEM PAIRED IN A TANK ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE ENOUGH ROOM FOR TWO.
PLEASE DEPOSIT .02
THANKS

shoreliner11

Achilles tang has my vote,...even though they have a reputation of being a little harder to keep than some tangs.

tony detroit

I've kept tangs in a bunch of tanks. IMO-6ft. tank or bigger is the only way to go. In a 90 I would never conisder a achilles. Maybe a yellow/scopas/kole would be ok.

nayr

THANKS FOR THE HELP! ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR FROM THE EXPERTS. ANY ADVICE ON KEEPING 2 BLUE REGALS? ALSO JUST HOW DEMANDING ARE THE ACHILLIES? ARE THEY THAT DIFFICULT? I DO HAVE A REFUGIUM WITH LOADS OF ALGAE IN IT SO I DON'T THINK THAT WILL BE A PROBLEM.

logan15

bro dont get any of the bigger tangs unless you get a 125 i agree with tony get a yellow scopas or kole tang the others get too big for your 90 IMO

reefrobber

the achilles are too fragile. two regal tangs in a ninety :nope: one gets big alone so either a regal for a while kole or something else from the zebrasoma list:yes: :jumping: :yes:

reefrobber

get any tang from the zebrasoma list is fine as long as you don't get 2:scared: that would not be a good scene :happy:

reefrobber

tanksalot do you have any tangs in your tank out of curiousity i would like to know from someone with experience with a 90 gallon because that's what i plan to get thanks :joy:
:joy:

daisy

Until last night (sniff) I had a Red Sea Salifin tang. I had to give her away because it got too big for my tank. But I had her for three years in a 55-gal, and she did not think she was too big for the tank -- took two hours to get her out.
She has a fantastic personality, ate all the algae that the snails were not interested in, and was pretty nice to the other fish in the tank. Occasionally, she would peck at a coral, but not too much.
I'll miss her, but she's gone to a larger tank with someone I trust.
If I were getting a bigger tank, I'd definitely get another red sea sailfin. Gorgeous fish with fantastic personality.