need a new tang

herkemer

If we ever get another tang it will be a convict tang. They are great algae eaters and have the personality of a puppy dog. A friend has one and anytime she puts her hand in the tank he has to come up and give her hand a little kiss. You can watch him get excited anytime someone comes by the tank. Also they don't get as big as most tangs.

vision

go with the achilles tang sorry if i make people mad bit im tired of hearing that they are way to difficult thats just bs, they are no more difficult than a yellow ive had no probs with mine it is the healthyist fish in my tank.

nayr

hey vision, i only wish you would've replied sooner. i just settled for a blonde naso this evening. seems to be doing great though. i'm sure we will be equally happy with him though. he is still just a beautiful but in a diffrent way. thanks alot

nayr

thanks to everyone else also. i love to hear everyone else's opinion. it always helps to make a sound decision. thanks again:D :D :D

reefrobber

congratulations with your naso :D i didn't mean to discourage you when i said they may need a bigger tank they are a beautiful fish and i wish you luck with yours :joy:
:joy:

nayr

YOU DIDN'T DISCOURAGE ME. I KNOW I AM SOMEWHAT LIMITED TO WHAT I CAN HAVE IN MY TANK. I DO HAVE SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT HAVE TANKS AS WELL, SO CHANCES ARE THAT IF HE GETS TOO BIG OR DOSEN'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM, IT SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM FINDING A HOME FOR HIM.
THANKS ALOT

tanksalot

reefrobber,
I have a purple tang in my 90, got him from swf.com. Best looking purple tang I have ever seen. And you cant beat the price. ($39) I have had him about 8 months, eats like a pig but other than that if i had to do it again I would get another. I love that fish.:cheer:

reefrobber

thanks!!!:joy: that's exactly the tang i'm looking for so it does well very good to know :) i was also wondering it's kind of strange that they ship fish :eek: how do they send them are they in boxes or something? i'm just scared i'm sure as others are that i'll pay for the fish and when it comes and i open whatever it's in i'll have a new fish to flush down the porcelin express :scared:

tanksalot

I was worried about ordering online at first, but everything I have ordered from this site has been better than anything I have seen in any lfs. At half sometimes more than half the price. They ship everything in bags, which are in styrofoam sp? which are in a box with either a heat pack or a cold pack. Plus you get a 10 day (I think) guarantee, if i were to get something from a lfs around me I get no guarantee. so all in all you really cant loose. Plus if I read you bio right you are in flordia so it really dosent have far to travel. Hope this helps:)

nayr

HEY GUYS. THE NEW BLONDE NASO SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH AND SEEMS TO BE ACCUSTOMED TO THE NEW SURROUNDINGS PRETTY GOOD. I HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH, WHY DOES HE SEEM TO BE A LIGHT BROWN COLOR?

logan15

i thought you were getting a purple tang? You got a naso instead? o well he changes colors when he is stressed

nayr

I WONDER HOW LONG IT MIGHT TAKE FOR HIM TO CALM DOWN? HE HAS ONLY BEEN IN THE TANK FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. HE REALLY HASN'T STARTED EATING ALOT EITHER. HE ALSO SEEMS TO BE SWIMMING IN A PATTERN. ANY IDEAS? I JUST NOTICED TONIGHT THAT HE WILL TURN DARK FOR A WHILE AND THEN SHORTLY AFTER HE WILL TURN LIGHT AGAIN AND HE WILL STAY THAT WAY FOR A WHILE THEN TURN DARK AGAIN. WHASSUP WITH THAT?:notsure:

jlem

Originally posted by vision
go with the achilles tang sorry if i make people mad bit im tired of hearing that they are way to difficult thats just bs,

People and books say that Achilles are not reccomended for a reason:mad: You did not realize that Everybody else is wrong, you just gave horrible advice from lack of knowledge. I really hope you learn from this site and not try to change everybodies mind with your sudden so called enlightenment

reefrobber

thanks tanksalot even my mom thinks it will be worth while to try SWF.com out but i think i will start smaller with a maroon clown (less expensive) just incase then if all goes well then i will get my tangs (purple and regal) and other fish from here also!!! thanks again tanksalot :cheer:
:cheer: