Need advice

Morning everyone!
So here is my delema.....as u know I have my lil fry tank set up...I was using the mini filter from my pod culture when i first set it up but our sweet Rykna sent me THREE boxes of goodies last week that included a small "air driven whisper filter" which I thought would be better for them. Not to mention the 1st one is getting OLD.
Now I have lost a total of 5 fry (found 1 this morn) since the filter change
Im thinking I want to put the other one back on or at least run it WITH the new one until enuf good bacteria is built up
Whatch all think?????
TIA

I put in the sponge filter from the adult tank
As i was cleaning the tank this morning I found that some of the live plant was dying off so that may be the issue so I did a w/c and will keep watching
I think I have a bad batch of BBS eggs too b/c my hatch rate stinks the last 2days and there are A LOT of babies even now there are 45+
I will be off to the LFS as soon as the baby gets up....maybe get them some live pods.....the ones i have for the big SH's are TOO big for the dwarf fry
I'll keep ya posted

veronicad

So, not to deviate too much.... What pods do you have for the adults and which are you seeking to buy for the fry? Just a few more things I'll need to know.....
Sorry about the additional loss, yet 45+ left? You must've had a higher original count than you thought.
Interesting about the possibility of the plant causing trouble. I plan on all fake plants to start with.

Yeah 45+ still but like I said a 4th male had a "small" batch
The pods at my LFS are the same as the ones sold on this site and are microscopic
The pods I have for my Big horses I have allowed to grow into juvis/adults and they are a great meal for the horses
I think the dying plant make have caused a slight amonia spike but not sure
maybe its just survival of the fittest

I was thinking about that too
I do offer them the "micro food".....not sure if they "eat' any of it but when I added it today after the water change they all seemed very active and interested

suzy

I have never had luck with mechanical filtration on a nursery tank. It seems like if there is a spot for a frybaby to get stuck, it will find it.
I have had good success with small sponge filters driven with air lines. My most successful nurseries use larger tanks for the volume/stability and just trickle flow into the nursery and back.