Need fast id on shrimp with pics

saltfun

That is what i was thinking it was but can not find a pic anywhere that looks like it.
Dont pistol shrimps have a large pincher? This one does not.

saltfun

from what you cant see in the pic there is a tiny red dot on the top of his head and his two front legs are blue but are not claws. This guy has lived in my overflow box for the last month.
Thanks for the help bang i gusse he gets i ride on the prosolin express.

neowind

That guy definatly don't look to be a reef safe shrimp. Looks just like a baby peacock mantis but I doubt it is just the coloration and eyes.

poprfd

I was also thinking of some sort of mantis not sure what kind still looking for a pic to match

saltfun

I was also thinking some kind a mantis. I have heard clicking in my tank for the last few months but i have never seen anything and noting has been killed in my tank so i have no idea.

fishman88

well since it is not reef safe i vote to eat it.... hey shrimp are good and even better with cocktail sauce :D
mike :happyfish

dburr

Can you get a better pic of the head? I was looking into mantis also. Their are soooooooooooo many types of shrimp. You'll prolly never get a true ID. But you may hit the sub family.

viet-tin

i have those same scrimp...they came off my LR but mines has 1 large claw and a small claw. I think ish a pistol. But then again i could be wrong.

jasontk

If you heard clicking and some think it looks like a pistol, I'd say pistol. Mantis shrimp click but if that is a mantis shrimp, I will eat my shoe.
Err... I'm pretty sure that is not a mantis :)

viet-tin

yea meeh 2...cuz thats the exact same shrimp i found in my LR and im sure ish a pistol shrimp...