Need help cooling my 10 gallon aqurium

Kasra the Reefer

I setup this 10 gallon saltwater aquarium everything was fine until we checked the temperature it was 86°F so I decided to cool it and it when to 76°F , but is rising and is at currently 80°F . Please help me I really want to start putting fish.

bang guy

What animals to you plan to keep in the tank?

How did you cool it?

What is the temperature of the room it is in?

Do you have a fan blowing anywhere on the tank?

Kasra the Reefer

I plan to keep a clownfish then maybe a scissortail goby or a pajama cardinal I cooled it with some ice i put in a bag and put that in the aquarium the temperature of the room is 77 and no fan blowing on the tank anywhere.

bang guy

What species of Clownfish?

I ask because the animals you listed can thrive in higher water temperatures with the exception of a couple Clownfish species. The key though is to keep the temperature consistent so they can adapt to it completely.

A small fan just blowing on the tank itself will keep the temperature lower. Blowing air across the surface will actively lower the water temperature but you'll need to replace the evaporated water constantly.

Here's a 10 gallon tank I purposely kept at a constant 86F. It thrived.

bang guy

ocellaris clownfish so should 82 and 84 be okay
The average water temperature where Ocellaris are most densely populated in the wild is about 86F so 82 - 84 is fine.

Just be aware that warmer water contains less oxygen so it wouldn't hurt to have a little extra water circulation near the surface for gas exchange.