Need help deciding on wattage

kstater

I have a 75 gallon tank i dont want to have to get a chiller would i have to have a chiller with two 250w mhs? Or would 175s be a better choice?

fly75

I have the same question.? I DON'T want a chiller and am thinking 150 or 175 watt on a 75 gal and keeping my 260 watt pc lights as well. The room is A/C and plan on using fans in a custom hood.

kstater

That is the exact situation that i am in. I too have 260watts of pc lighting. Chillers are very expensive and i do not want to deal with yet another expense.

bang guy

If it were me I'd get the 250s or 150 HQIs. If the room is air conditioned then a small fan will provice a lot of cooling ability if you need it (drier air).

fly75

I have decide to do either 2 150 or 175 watt halide and use fans. I have had good luck with using fans. Target also has some dual window fans that are cheap (even if they dont last long) that I going to incorporate into the back of my canopy. Taht along with my 4" ice cap fans should be pretty good

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
If it were me I'd get the 250s or 150 HQIs. If the room is air conditioned then a small fan will provice a lot of cooling ability if you need it (drier air).
Plus side is that the pendants can help heat your house when it gets cold out.