Need help identifying sickness... anyone?

meowzer

Take a water sample with you, and get a 2nd opinion....maybe some stuff got stirred up and killed the fish

You should get some snails...nassarius, cerith
I'm sorry...I forget what size tank...

maybe an emerald crab

matth2181

yea i think im gonna do that take a sample with me... 30 gall tank so like 6 nassarius/cerith snails i think is the rate? what about cleaner shrimp?

meowzer

get the water tested first...shrimp are very sensitive...if water is okay one will be okay for that tank....

matth2181

yea true... that would suck cause they arent cheap either, so 6 snails? any other ideas, would a chromis work? they are cheap and ive read they arent aggressive like other damsels, would be a good way to see if i can get anything else in the damn tank lol

meowzer

True...I like the green chromis...LOL...and they are cheap too...so why not test the waters (so to speak) with a chromis

matth2181

yea ill give it a shot, i just dont get why these fish are dying when my clown is just so active and healthy... so ill get some snails and a chromis see how it goes... maybe its just back luck, fish that are already sick but it just manifests once they are moved... no idea, the wonders of this (EXPENSIVE) hobby

matth2181

well he passed today, was okay around 8 but when i got home around 530 he was dead.... oh well, back to the drawing board