Need Help On water Movement in 125 Oceanic

teaggs

I have an Oceanic 125 reef ready with dual overflows. I have 1800gph return pump and it does a good job of moving water around the sides and top of the tank, but I am having issues near the bottom in the middle and in behind my LR. I have about 100 or so pounds LR in the tank. I was think about getting a Tunze 6045 and putting it behind my LR to help with the circulation and to basically blow detrius around so the sump and skimmer can do its job. It also cause algae because there is lack of movement in those area. This is a fish only tank with no coral, so I don't feel like I need too many PH in the tank like a reef would. I dont want big items hanging all over my tank, so any thoughts on helping me get this done? also, I have no wavemaker or controller of any sort and I am not planning on buying one. Thanks

nikesb

dont like big items hanging in the tank...then you should definately look at Vortech powerheads. An MP40 would suit you perfectly

teaggs

Those are nice but not $450 nice...lol...I have enough rock to be able to hide something in the back. If I hang it down lower, will it blow my sand all over the place? That is my main concern along with only wanting one in there for some extra movement. I also looked at the Hydor, but not sure if the Tunze 6045 would be better because it is a little less flow? Please help

teaggs

Just seeing if anyone out ther has any advice to help me??? I am looking to get this soon. Thanks

meowzer

IDK anything about Tunze, BUT if you do not want an MP40 (yup expensive BUT GREAT) then the Koralia evolution are the way to go IMO
I would get at least 2 though.....they dristribute the flow so you don't get one big stream, and they are easy to position IMO

bullitr

Tunze is better get 6105 stream its controllable either you buy 7095 or use apex since its amazing to control it
It will be the same price or cheaper compare to the very very noisy vortech mp40es
I had both and Tunze is so much better.
Mp60 are so noisy it will keep you up at night ask Detane who had it and switch to Tunze and loving it !
Also Tunze have the greatest customer service in the hobby
And 3 years warranty.
Also if you have apex as a controller you can adjust your Tunze setting anywhere in the world with Internet access
Koralia is good but not controllable
You get what you pay for :)

meowzer

I don't know why everyone says the MP40's are noisy.....Mine is almost silent
that is unless I stick my ear against it LOL

deejeff442

i have read that the mp40 pumps are noisy .but i still plan on buying them.
for the money the korilia works just fine for me.i would get two #4 korilias for a 125 dt