Need help Ro

pirates

Ok i just bought a kent marine 60 gph i got it used ok i have tested my home water and the phos. is .25ppm and the ro is .25ppm i am using api test kits i have taken to my lps and he tested it with Hanna Instruments Phosphate kit and it said that my phos. at home is .12 and the ro is .13 so i changed all the filter and mem. di all of it i tested again with my api .25 home and .25 ro the test kit is good the place that i bought the new filters said they do not know said that my meter is bad and the hanna instruments phosphate kit is bad my tank is 0ppms i have three types of algae so y is the ro not taking out the phos. i do not have a tds meter yet and the lps does not too

bang guy

did you throw away the first 5 - 10 gallons of product water after changing the membrane.
Is there any chance that you're testing the water from the waste line?
Are you letting the RO run a little before testing the water?
RO typically removes 60 - 70% of Phosphate. To remove the rest you'll need a DI stage.

pirates

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/3232034
did you throw away the first 5 - 10 gallons of product water after changing the membrane.
Is there any chance that you're testing the water from the waste line?
Are you letting the RO run a little before testing the water?
RO typically removes 60 - 70% of Phosphate. To remove the rest you'll need a DI stage.
ok i am not testing the waste line there is more water that come out of the waste line i have let the ro run for about 1 hour then put the di line on