Need help to I.D.

katsafados

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3136106
LOL! If you only knew the half of it.....

LOL yeah but I'm acctually interested. Did you go to school for something in the science fileds? Or are you truly a mad scientist and learning as you go? What do you do when your off these boards, work wise? haha

katsafados

AHHH, thats pretty cool!
I think you should be back in school for marine biology though haha. You seem to really enjoy looking and studying critters!
You said your hubby works in some sort of lab? Whats he do? Sorry to be nosey, but im school for biochemistry and I'm interested in what people that are already in the working field do, and how they got there.
Thanks!

cranberry

I'm to old now to go back to school and I'm not exactly sure you should ever make your hobby your job. But my work as gained me access to things for the hobby I wouldn't have been able to get my hands on otherwise.
Hubby is a Senior Components Engineer specializing in Failure Analysis for space grade parts. We were watching a launch the other day that had some of his parts on it.... it was cool. He makes sure the parts meet standards before they go up.... and is the detective for figuring out why if they fail... hence the Failure Analysis part.

katsafados

Thats an interesting job! haha
I was thinking of going into marine biology, but I'd have to relocate since Ontario, Canada doesnt have salt water.

cranberry

That's right! You're the mainlander! Growing up in Newfoundland it only stands to reason I'd be involved in water somehow. I've lived next to the water no matter what Country or State I've lived in. I grew up where fishing was the way of life.
When I hear people in the hobby are also in Marine Biology, I'll admit I get a little jealous. I'd just worry about finding a job thereafter.

katsafados

Yep thats me =)
Yeah if I were to get involved in marine biology my college im at now has a joint program with a college in austrailia. So I'd check that out before anything. Study marine biology on the greatest most diverse reef on the world!
Also like you, I loveeeee the water!!!!!
On vacations I refuse to go into pools, oceans all the way! I find it so interesting how fish and other sea animals live and act. Its so unnormal, since were land creatures haha. I dont know if anything I said made sence:p
Also apparently in austrailia, if you work as a marine biologist your life is paved for you. They set you up with a nice beachfrom home(so you can notice soemthing's wrong with the water right away) give you a nice wage ect.