need help with 75g build

chris0799

ok i am planning on gettting a 75g tank for christmas and i need to let my parents kno what to get. so can you guys help me out with some equitment choices. not too expencive tho. i wanna keep it around $800.i want it to be a reef tank too.

markw

Sounds like all you need is a good book on saltwater basics.
The Conscientious Marine Aquarist By Robert Fenner.
Mark

chris0799

i am asking like what would be the best kind of equitment for my budget. i ko what i will prolly need. ive been in saltwater for about to years now but i havent did a big tank where i had to pick out all the filtration and stuff. i just have a biocube...lol

meowzer

Check into something like this.....it is a wet/dry filter that you can make the center into a refugium, and they come with the protein skimemr and overflow kit
well worth it...I have the big one on my 225G
Attachment 231425
it's a sealife systems pro series....

meowzer

Originally Posted by chris0799
http:///forum/post/3132933
how much was it and where can i get one?
You can google it, and find a retailer.....IDK how much the Pro150 would be...that would be the size I think you would need...you would also have to buy a mag pump for it, and it will tell you the size needed

devaji108

you might want to look at cragslist I just pick up a 150 gal with two 250watt MH 55 gal sump with skimmer and mag 9.5 return pump and around 100ish # of LR and 3 fish all for 800 bucks...
just a thought a lot of ppl are getting out of the hobby.
good luck! and happy Reefing :)

J

jesse!

For my 75g Reef Ready was $350 w/ plumbing, and then I bought a metal stand for $300, then my sump was $100, my return was $150, and finally my skimmer was $250 a bit over your budget but pretty close and that would get you ready to add water and substrate..