Need help with Condi

fumanchu88

Originally Posted by bbailey231
I was thinking the exact thing earlier...nobody could be that ......

A troll what exactly does that mean?

fumanchu88

my condi was doing fine in my tank.but since you guys recommending some old cycled water i went to the tropicorium and got 5 gallons of pure water no ammonia,nitrites,nitrates he seems to be doing much worse in his new hospitol tank.I know your gonna say the damage has already been done.BUT I HAVE HOPE

fumanchu88

I would just like to say thanks to all the HELPFULL people out there i have learned a great deal about the Condi or anemones for that matter.
Thanks Guys

fumanchu88

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I knew you were a troll alllll along, now you just proved it!

what ever D TOWN OWNS YOU

fumanchu88

Originally Posted by fumanchu88
what ever D TOWN OWNS YOU

I AM JUST HERE FOR HELP NOT HATING IF YOU CANT HELP STFU, THANK YOU, HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY 10?

bbailey231

I AM JUST HERE FOR HELP NOT HATING IF YOU CANT HELP STFU, THANK YOU, HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY 10?
And I thought you were a "do it yourselfer"

fumanchu88

Originally Posted by bbailey231
And I thought you were a "do it yourselfer"

I am with a little help when i dont have the answers

1journeyman

I am with a little help when i dont have the answers

If you are seriously willing to learn, here are some answers.
Any ammonia in an aquarium is absolutely unacceptable. It is toxic to inverts and fish. It burns gills, etc. It is lethal and must be addressed. Water changes must be done to eliminate it.
As you have stated you are a "do it yourselfer". Learn from your mistakes. Do not continue to add livestock to a tank where there have already been fatalities.
Anemones need stable aquariums. Your's is not right now. If/when the anemone dies it will relase a large amount of toxins (see ammonia warning above) and could wreak further havoc on your tank.
Read the stickied post at the top of the forum.
Tell us more about your tank. How big, filtration, lighting, etc.

becky913

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
I would be shocked if a clown took to a condi anenomie.. They are not found anywhere near where clowns are found. Although not entirly uncommon your chances are diminished alot..But there have been times where people have stated that their clowns have hosted a power head.
Bubble tips and carpets seem to be the fav. I have had 2 condis in the past. One would hide under the rocks and come out when the the lights came on. When he hid he was all shrivled up, and when he was out he was huge. Too big for my tank actually so I had to give him up. I got another and it was very happy too never hid though and then it ate one of my clowns so he was given back too. Condis IMO are more aggressive than most other common anenomies and their long tenticle make them worse. Now I have a bta and its awesome very cool addition.
My maroon clown almost looks to be having a love affair with my condi. He has also hosted a rock anenome. Unfortunately, I have had several condi's and they only last a few months. My water peramiters are great, except I think my calcium is 330. I just got the test kit and it says to drop the solution in until it changes blue...........looks purple to me. I need to redo it and keep dropping!

fumanchu88

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
If you are seriously willing to learn, here are some answers.
Any ammonia in an aquarium is absolutely unacceptable. It is toxic to inverts and fish. It burns gills, etc. It is lethal and must be addressed. Water changes must be done to eliminate it.
As you have stated you are a "do it yourselfer". Learn from your mistakes. Do not continue to add livestock to a tank where there have already been fatalities.
Anemones need stable aquariums. Your's is not right now. If/when the anemone dies it will relase a large amount of toxins (see ammonia warning above) and could wreak further havoc on your tank.
Read the stickied post at the top of the forum.
Tell us more about your tank. How big, filtration, lighting, etc.
i have a 39 hexagon with a wisper 30 and an emporer 280 full spectrum light 15 20 pounds of fuji live rock a big bag of live sand chaeto,broadleaf,and some other plant

1journeyman

i have a 39 hexagon with a wisper 30 and an emporer 280 full spectrum light 15 20 pounds of fuji live rock a big bag of live sand chaeto,broadleaf,and some other plant
Is the chaeto other algae in a refugium or directly in display?
What type of bulbs? I suspect this is the standard light that came with the top to your aquarium, correct? If so it will not support an anemone.

fumanchu88

I also have another question can I take tropical fish out of my 55 gallon and add salt and add fish the water has already cycled it's like 1 year old?

rabbit_72

Originally Posted by Becky913
My maroon clown almost looks to be having a love affair with my condi. He has also hosted a rock anenome. Unfortunately, I have had several condi's and they only last a few months. My water peramiters are great, except I think my calcium is 330. I just got the test kit and it says to drop the solution in until it changes blue...........looks purple to me. I need to redo it and keep dropping!

Keep adding the drops until it turns blue. Purple isn't the color you test by. We keep adding drops until you see blue.

rabbit_72

I also have another question can I take tropical fish out of my 55 gallon and add salt and add fish the water has already cycled it's like 1 year old?

By golly, I wouldn't do that! We turned my 29 gal fresh into a salt water. But first we emptied it, cleaned, bought or thoroughly cleaned the equipment and added new substrate and rock and everything.

rabbit_72

my condi was doing fine in my tank.but since you guys recommending some old cycled water i went to the tropicorium and got 5 gallons of pure water no ammonia,nitrites,nitrates he seems to be doing much worse in his new hospitol tank.I know your gonna say the damage has already been done.BUT I HAVE HOPE

Pure water doesn't equal cycled water or a cycled tank, IMO. If you are serious, please just have patience. It will pay off, trust me.

1journeyman

I couldn't find your lighting brand online, but I'm 99% sure you are in trouble with it. Tell us what type of bulbs, how many, and wattage on them.
No, established freshwater and saltwater are different. Can't use one for the other.