Need HELP.

plumber

Hi, Just purchased a new 150 gallon tank set in place and did a trial run with fresh water. Have a small problem tank is not level out about 1.5" over the length . I live in a old house so short of rebuilding or jacking up floors what are my options?
Thanks John

jackri

Find a new spot? I'm not sure I would set up a tank with that much of tilt in it. Also.. can the substructure underneath hold this tank long term? Hate to see something catastropic happen

reefraff

You may need to brace the floor under the tank. Its amazing what you can do with a floor jack and some 4x4's assuming the floor joists are just sagging a little and not incapable of supporting the weight.

Originally Posted by Plumber
http:///forum/post/2988038
Hi, Just purchased a new 150 gallon tank set in place and did a trial run with fresh water. Have a small problem tank is not level out about 1.5" over the length . I live in a old house so short of rebuilding or jacking up floors what are my options?
Thanks John
Are you setting the tank on a wooden stand?

plumber

Hi, Tank is on a stand , Floor joist are perfectly capable of holding load and then some. Had carpenter here today he says jacking up floor will cause more problems. As the wall running paralel with tank is bearing it cause more damage than good. So as I see it I have 2 choices shim stand or relocate,I like tank in this room. With that said could someone tell me how to properly shim the stand so as to prevent disaster later on. We are actually out 3/4" over all just enough to make it a PITA.
Thanks John

I would shim the stand. I had the same problem on a cement floor that was pitched to a drain. I cut several size shims, and that fixed the problem