Need input on heater

fish4rudy

Opinions needed as I need a new heater for my 29 Gallon Bio-Cube. Any input will help. Please include brand and wattage. Thank you!

fcatch76

Marineland Stealth- I have the 100 in my 29 and the 50 in my 14. Set at 79, they keep tanks from falling below 79.2. Most accurate I used...ever.
HTH

whisk

i also recommend the Marineland Visi-therm stealth. I have a 75w in my 24 gal. I would go with the 100w for your 29.

bang guy

I'm a big fan of Titanium heaters. Probably because I'm absent minded.
I also recommend two smaller heaters vs one large heater. I know it costs a lot more but when a heater fails having the second gives you time to notice. If a big heater fails "on" it can quickly kill everything. If a small heater fails "on" you might have a chance of noticing the high temp before it kills anything.

fish4rudy

I never thought about the failure on problem. Good call, but I dont know if I can fit 2 small heaters in there. I will need to do some research,Thanks

bang guy

A controller is also an alternative but most people don't go to that amount of effort for nano tanks.

nwdyr

I also like the 2 heater thing , but usually on larger tanks like my 75. Hey did you say you just had knee surgery??? I have had 5 in the last 16mo's , Pm me and we can compare notes