Need skimmer opinions-everybody please!

fishkiller

Ok, these are the ones I'm looking at right now. Please let me know which ones you like most and why. Which have the beswt flow control. Please rate each one you have experience w/.
-VisaJet
-JB, is JEBO the same thing?
-Prizm
-CPR
-NIB
And please recommend any other brands you like better than these guys. Keep in mind I have a 29 gallon. Thanx yall!!:cool:

nm reef

If I was going to get a HOB skimmer for a 29 gal I would not hesitate to purchase a CPR BacPac2r. I've had one running for over 2 years now and its a quality product...plus CPR runs a outstanding product support website that is beneficial if you ever have a problem. Quality product/quality service...can't beat that.

debbers

I second NM Reef. I have a 29 gal. with the BakPak 2. Great product. I definitely see a difference now in water quality (I went skimmer-less for quite a while).
~D~

jumpfrog

I use two Prizm's. They're ok but I wouldn't buy one again. You definitely get what you pay for.
kip, lol, I wonder who would say such a thing:rolleyes:

aileena

I would recomend the remora pro with the overflow box....that way you could use the same skimmer when you upgrade....I am going to use the remora pro on my 60g!!

justinx

Yet another vote for the Bak Pak. An outstanding product that is easily maintaned. Rather inexpensive, 110 online. The flow control is mostly determined by the pump, and on a Bak Pak, you have a choice between a RIO, or Maxi. Although the Maxi would have to be purchased after market. The Bak Pak hangs on and pulls tons of crap out of the water.

fishkiller

how are CPR's other skimmers? I may hook up a sump if I find a good enough deal, than again I may do the sump regardless. So the bakpak is the way to go huh? Is the remora more expensive? Thanx yall!:cool:

dima96

just checked another site, the price is within 10 bucks but they aren't they cheapest place. btw i'm trying to decide which of the bigger models to get (dual bakpak or remora pro).

tiffster

stay away from the prizm. I've had one for less than a year and it's not half as efficient as it was before, and yes I have cleaned it.
Pay $20-30 more and get something better.

fishkiller

really? hmmmmm...... So I guess it's definitley a remora or bakpak. So do both of these offer flow control, or does it just depend on the pump??

tiffster

I've been researching the bak pak and remora and I'm pretty sure it depends on the pump. Just bought the remora about 2 minutes ago BTW. i've read lots of really good stuff about both of them, but decided to go with the remora pro because I will have 70 gallons total volume on my new tank. For a 29 gallon I would probably gone with the CPR. They are like $ 70 cheaper and have accessories (sp?). Like you can remove the bio material and put in a bubble trap. I hate bubbles so that would be me. But anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. :)

fishkiller

Tiffster- Thanx man, I appreciate the info. I think I'm going w/ the bakpak. I found one for about $50 new. :p

I just started using a berlin classic, it's awesome.....but for the money, try the seaclone.....I just purchase one for one of my work tanks and it's comming along pretty well.....but the visi, they blow a***

overanalyzer

Originally posted by fishkiller
It rhymes w/ sea-ray. Get it?;)

I think that is Scooby Doo talk for a large on-line auction site!