Need some quick advice on a metal halide fixture.

katsafados

Can someone give me the advantages/ dissadvantages of the Aquatic life swing arm fixture 150W. It will be housed on a 10g tank at the moment but then I will be converting a 20g TALL to saltwater and putting the light on that.
I hope to have an anenome and SPS corals. I think it would create a nice light gradient in a 20g tall. I think the light only comes with one bul though, is there any dissadvantages to this?
Is this a good buyy? $150 regular $309 (but its used) also comes with a 10k bulb and a 20k bulb.

spanko

If you can find the

K-2 Viper Deluxe HQI Clamp-On Lamp

up there I would go with it. Comes with a fan to blow across tank to keep heat down. About $300 new here in the states.
About $380 for a 250 watt version which might be better for a 20 high if you plan any high light coral at the bottom of the tank.

katsafados

I'm buying this one used, I'm only paying $150 for it, its goobes(from this site). Didnt acctually wanbty to buy a brand new one, I'm short on cash I have to pay for more school books.
Do you think this one is alright for a 20g? I'll put the SPS on the top and the low light corals near the bottom

katsafados

AK??? I live in Canada lol.
You saw the pictures, it looks like its in good shape. I'm just not sure how to measure the light par, and if I'll get that blue/white colour with one bulb? Does the 20k bulb give the blue/white look?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsafados http:///forum/thread/382847/need-some-quick-advice-on-a-metal-halide-fixture#post_3344010
AK??? I live in Canada lol.
You saw the pictures, it looks like its in good shape. I'm just not sure how to measure the light par, and if I'll get that blue/white colour with one bulb? Does the 20k bulb give the blue/white look?
OOPS...Sorry...I ws thinking CANADA and typed AK.....haha
20K will give you a much bluer look......I think Henry runs 20K on his

katsafados

Am I annoying you yet?:p
I'm a poor student, I'd like to know the light will be good for what I need it for lol!
You should be excited, this means for a new build thread;):p
The 10g will be demoted to a frag tank with the pc lights..

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsafados http:///forum/thread/382847/need-some-quick-advice-on-a-metal-halide-fixture#post_3344034
Am I annoying you yet?:p
I'm a poor student, I'd like to know the light will be good for what I need it for lol!
You should be excited, this means for a new build thread;):p
The 10g will be demoted to a frag tank with the pc lights..
LOL...no annoyances KAT.......but I already answerd your question
yay...new build....make a new thread though haha