need your advice... pictures attached

blitz99

i got 2 little croceas and want to know where you think they would look good...
here they are

and here is the tank/rockwork

i personally want to keep one on the shelf it is on, but where does the other go??? should i put it on the very top right hand side shelf? or somewhere else????

blitz99

175 MH... 10K coralvue bulb...
i know it's borderline low, which is why i'm leaning at top shelf right for one clam and remaining where it is for the other... to see how much of a difference it really makes with these lights...

blitz99

60... we're not going to get into the "not enough light" stuff, are we? if so, i've heard it before and will hear it again...
bypass all that, that wasnt my question...
my only concern is where the clam would look best.

phoenixfla

I would keep them high and I think they will be fine.
I would put them on the top right right next to what looks like a birdsnest.

misfit

Originally Posted by murph145
i personally like clams on the ground in the sand thats where i have my 2 croceas
I personally do too and they like to dig them selves in the sand also.But in this case the best place would be close to the top cause of lighting needs.I would put one on either end of the LR piles but be careful as to placement cause when they snap closed quickly , if they are not on a stable spot ,they could scoot them selves right off the rock :scared: They are goregus, Good luck

misfit

Originally Posted by Blitz99
i thought croceas liked to foot to rocks.
Mine are so deep in the sand ,only the mantle sticks out and if I move the sand away, they go deeper in.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Blitz99
i thought croceas liked to foot to rocks.
They do. Unfortunately for viewing that's not where they look best. The greater the viewing angle the less the flourescence is visible. The look their best when viewed from straight down and typically look drab when viewed from the side so the deeper in the tank the better they will look.
Don't disregard the lighting requirement though, obviously the higher in the tank the better the lighting so you have to find a trade-off. If you put them on the sand make sure you have a rock or something under them to attach to.