Nemo Jumped

helloo

So my tank had more water than usual in it and today I discovered Nemo jumped and killed himself. I have had him for a year and a few days ago I added a few new coral. My tank has a cover on it but a few inches in a corner is exposed.
What could have caused this? Are Nemos known jumpers?

meowzer

Anything can jump if spooked.....can you cover the open spot with some eggcrate?
I had a canary blennie jump last night :( and it had to be pretty precise to get out of my tank LOL

hawkfishman

in my freshwater tank, i had a neon female swordtail jump INTO the filter i had on it. i went to get her out and she then jumped at me and i moved quickly and she landed behind the stand. i didnt find her right away but i did eventually find her and i quickly put her back in the tank. she was even pregnant at the time :O lol. shes still alive and swimmin today.

J

jstdv8

my LFS guy has a tank at his house that he's gone through two clowns in the last year. nothing else jumps i guess (in his tank)
I recently lost my 14" engineer to the carpet god. need to get a cover on there that still allows air in

tjnitro

I have Two clown fish in one of my tanks. I have no lid or egg crate on the tank. I have never lost anything except a fire fish. They are known jumpers. I don't think Clown Fish are known for jumping. There is always exceptions to any rule.

flower

Sorry to hear of the loss.
Upon thinking about it, I lost more fish before I got some moonlights, they seem to help with the night frights. It cuts down on fin nipping too.