Neon Gobi's

stargazer

CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME SOME INFO ON NEON GOBI'S I JUST GOT 2 OF THEM AND EVERY THING I HAVE READ SAYS THAT THEY ARE A CLEANER FISH AND THAT THEY EAT MEATY FOODS AND BACT. BUT THEY SAID NOTHING ABOUT THEM TUNNELING UNDER ROCKS I AM WONDERING IF ANY ONE . HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THEM .THANKS ___DANE

R

royalshrimp

mine tunnels through the rocks its not a problem. Mine eats flake, brine, mysis, and a frozen herbivore food. Mine is extremely active and cleans my yellow tang all the time. Great fish, good luck;)

bang guy

I normally don't answer posts will all caps. It's just too hard to read.
If your Neon Gobies are tunneling then you don't have Neon Gobies.
Look up Engineer Gobies and find a picture to see if that's what you have.

R

royalshrimp

mine doesent burrow in sand, but finds tunnels in the middle of peices of lr:)

stargazer

1st i am not very good at typing 2nd i am not real good on the comp. i thought this was where you came to get help with your reef tank and fish . the fish i have look just like the pitcher you posted melody mine are about 1.5 inches i am sorry about the caps if i am to much trouble i wont bother posting iwill just keep reading and learn as i go thank's DANE

jumpfrog

Neon gobies and engineer gobies look very much alike when they are young. Here's a picture of an engineer goby (credit to the owning site). If you're goby is burrowing, it's most likely an engineer. It's not in a neon's nature to burrow. BTW, engineer gobies can get very large. They're often "mis-sold".

nm reef

Great pic melody...and excellant info frog...;)
stargazer...don't get offended...I also tend to avoid reading all caps. In the internet world all caps means "shouting" plus it bothers my eyes for some reason. This site is all for questions and attempts to answer...I'm sure nobody meant to be rude...we just all get carried away now and then. Best of luck with your system...keep us posted as it developes and my all means ask away...folks here will be glad to help out all they can.