Neptunes 125 Reef Diary.

king_neptune

The skimmer stopped producing skim like 3 weeks ago(right around the time I began reducing wasteful feeding). So I simply shut it off. The scrubber is also offline. I do water changes 2x a month. About 20 gal each time. Everything checks out in the green. So even though I dont have a skimmer going, and the scrubber has also been off line, everything is happy.
I do have a carbon reactor going, I think that helps a lot. But the foam wall would be my guess as to why everything is so stable. Its just a big bio-sponge of purification ^_^
Now I do have a light bio-load. So as things begin to fill the tank, Im sure these filtration systems will be going back online overtime. Right now, im honestly not too interested in fish. Its the corals that captivate me. And as far as im concerned, fish are just something to compliment my corals with.
I think I will make this a tang tank. I will probably have 3-4 tangs in it by the end of the year. Other than that, I dont really have much on my wish list aside from a mandarin dragonette, and a flame hawk fish. But for now, and the foreseeable future, its corals and equipment to grow corals that will be on my budget. First onmy agenda is LED array. Then Ill get a calcium reactor, and a Kalk reactor. From there ill begin stocking up the far ends of the tank.

king_neptune

Turned on the scrubber last week. brand new bulbs. Nothing!
I was hoping I could get the trates down to 0; like it was before I shut it off and went skimmer mode earlier this year.
I dont know whats wrong, put up a post on the scrubber section.
Current readings:
PH=8.0
Amonia=0
Trites=0
Trates=5
Im baffled really. By now I was expecting some green on the screen. I was hoping to get the trates to 0, but until I figure out whats wrong...they not going anywhere. :(
I do have a new project for the tank, my LED array finally!
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/vb/s...tom-LED-system.
Cant wait to hang it.
On a sad note..sorta:
I lost a colony of zoo's inexplicably. They were flourishing under the cheapo LED's I had...then they suddenly stopped multiplying, and are now all rotted brown :(
Everything else is fine. Im not overly concerned about the zoos since I really didn't like them anyways, and now that spot is open for something I will like better.
Its just odd that water checks out and yet they still die. I suspect parasite of some kind, but nothing else is hurting. odd.....