new 1 gallon deco(pico) tank!!!!

antwon

hey everyone i am so excited because yesterday the LFS had on display a Tom's 1 gallon Deco Kit, and he had it set up with saltwater. So, i purchased it and now it is sitting happily on my desk. the only inhabitants so far are a trochus snail and dwarf zebra hermit from my 72. the water is a little chilly, but i think they make nano heaters(?) and i will prob get that little skimmer that comes for the biocube and see if it will go on here because i want to put a few nano acropora and ricordea mushrooms in there. the light is surprisingly strong. heres a pic(dont mind my hand lol). tell me what u think!!

antwon

i know i love it, im tempted to put some sort of nano fish in it, but then again, its only one gallon
i would love to seed the tank with copepods and put i spotted mandarin, but the tank is too small, so i will stick to polyps!!

meowzer

I bought a panda goby once....it was 1/4"......I nevre saw it again....LOL....
I bet it would be good in a 1g

antwon

i have seen those before they are so small...maybe that will work, or a court jester goby they are soooo small...so many possibilities...so little space LOL

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/382277/new-1-gallon-deco-pico-tank#post_3335119
I bought a panda goby once....it was 1/4"......I never saw it again....LOL....
Oooh, I remember that! LOL you got like one or two pics of it, then it disappeared, right?
Actually now that you mention it, I had a green clown goby that hitchhiked in on a sponge in my seahorse tank. Didn't even know I had him until I saw him flashing around the rock one day....wonder if he's still in there.....

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/382277/new-1-gallon-deco-pico-tank#post_3335396
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/thread/382277/new-1-gallon-deco-pico-tank#post_3335119
I bought a panda goby once....it was 1/4"......I never saw it again....LOL....
Oooh, I remember that! LOL you got like one or two pics of it, then it disappeared, right?
Actually now that you mention it, I had a green clown goby that hitchhiked in on a sponge in my seahorse tank. Didn't even know I had him until I saw him flashing around the rock one day....wonder if he's still in there.....
I got a barbershop goby last week, and I thought he found a nice little home under a coral. Now, it has been 3 days since I last saw him.

section143

love these little pico tanks... You gonna do an auto top off for that? I have the 2 gallon at my office at work and used to lose about half a pint a day before the auto top off. Just saying cuz it throws the salinity around a bit

antwon

well wen i woke up the next day there wuz like dried salt on my desk, so i took alittle water out, and now it hasnt evaporated since, not a significant amount anyway, but maybe i will look into it. i am setting up a reef tank soon so hopefully i will do water changes with that water. hopefully once i get a small heater or heating pad, i will get a small goby and some small polyps. i took water and that rock from the large reef tank at my LFS so i dont think i need to cycle for very long...

nissan577

great little tank. but you got your only downfall is the light. for acropora and corals IMO they will lose their colors so that wont last long. if anything you can buy a evil par LED light and im sure those will do good for the acro and other corals. just be sure to check your levels weekly to see the levels are incheck and im sure changing 1 cup of SW wouldnt be a problem lol :)great little tank. gonna follow along with the build.

1snapple

LEDs will work, 2 cree royal blues and 1 cree cool white gives out about 18k light. How is it coming?