New 100g Tank Here

R

ryno368

they are misbar huh, thats funny the lady sold them to me as false clowns hehe oh well ya the sand dune is from my pump outlets but its weird cuz i got them turned at an angle so they hit behind the rocks i just put a korlia 3 in the right corner today
the clowns loo like they dont like the waves too much cuz they are so tiny.
feeding them tropical flakes once a day should be enough or should i feed em twice?

ibanez

Misbar just means the white bar doesn't go all the way down, they are false percula. It is a color variation, like snowflake, piccasso, and

[hr]
. I would feed them sparingly2 to 3 times a day, turning off the pump and making sure they are getting the food you put in. They should be able to consume the food in about 3 minutes. If a lot of food falls uneaten to the ground it can cause water problems even though your clean up crew will probably find it.

R

ryno368

ya i noticed they had a hard time with the pump on trying to eat the food so i turned it off

cableguy

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3247433
Good deal, you should start a journal thread in the reef section and document the whole process. I would be curious to see pictures of the rock in the box and out of the box if you want to take pictures of it. I have always been nervous about ordering live rock online. I like to be able to pick it out in person, but I would like the luxury of having it delivered to my door.

Hey man,
I have created a thread with pics of the rocks if you want to take a look.
Thanks!
Ryno, hows the tank and fish?

R

ryno368

clowns are eating great
bought 2 firefish goby last night, as soon as they hit the tank the hid in the rock work lol. i go to an auction every friday night so when i got home i only saw 1 come out so i moved the rock around and cleaned them up a little on one side. still only had 1 come out. this morning when i went to feed them both came out and i had to turn the water pump, drain and powerhead off to feed the fish. i actually i had to sink the flakes in the tank but both gobys came out and ate so im happy. ill put some pictures on here when i get back from baytown texas. i bought myself a bike ! lol. oh ya added 3 more mexican turbo snails also they are doing a good cleaning job

R

ryno368

ok officially back from getting my bike. also added a sailfin tang from the LFS that had been in there for about 3-4 weeks. he is exceptionally health and loves the new tank. he has been grazing all night lol

R

ryno368

ok finally got the camera from my wife's hands and here are the pictures of the new fish and the new t5 ho lights

R

ryno368

well yesterday we made our weekly trip to panama city to go to the fish store.
ended up spending 150.00 and got a green star polyp, a clove polyp, a zenia frag, 2 peppermint shrimp, a flame angel, and a juvenile ornage shoulder tang. got home and started acclimating and went to look in the tank and only saw 1 clown.
one of the clowns had jumped out the back of the tank and on the floor
but other than that the tanks is well.
the flame angel is still hiding but the orange shoulder tang and the sailfin are getting along fine and all the corals have opened up