new 120 reef pics

chris17

Joncat, Very nice tank! I live very close to you lol I live in fairfield off of RT 4. I may need to pick your brain a little in a few months when I start building my acrylic sump. I am setting up my 125g now. It will be around spring when I have time to build the sump. Love the tank, hope mine looks that good once I get it goin!

joncat24

Thanks Doc.
Chris, thx and shoot me a pm when you get ready to build your sump. Unless you have a heated garage, you will have to wait til spring anyway...it is COLD.

chris17

I will def. do that, I will be building it in my dads basement he has all the tools I will need anyway. What LFS's do you go to around here?

joncat24

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2866104
the tank looks amazing man, whats ur stocklist looking like?
A little too much but here it is:
1 yellow tang
1 hippo tang
1 powder blue tang
1 Kole tang
2 clowns
3 pajama cardinals
1 sixline wrasse
1 royal gramma
1 coral beauty angel
1 pygmy angel
1 mandarin dragonette
thx rebel for the comment

laredo300c

congratulations, beautiful tank perfect size ...do you have an equipment list and how did you get that rock so purple...

joncat24

Originally Posted by laredo300c
http:///forum/post/2871083
congratulations, beautiful tank perfect size ...do you have an equipment list and how did you get that rock so purple...
thx...rock just purples up after a while. I dont add anything to my tank as far as supplements. I use Seachem reef salt and do 10% bi weekly water changes.
Equipment is a Msx 250 skimmer, bulk reef supply dual phosban reactor, 2 maxijet/sureflow mods, and a koralia 4 all of which run on a wavemaster pro.
That is about it...

laredo300c

nice skimmer...could you get away with an msx200, and did you use any live rock to seed the bulk reefsuppy rock...that rock is awesome..

joncat24

thx guys
laredo-I had a msx 160 and needed to upgrade with the new tank. I didnt see the 200 as that much of an upgrade so I went with the 250. I have a high bioload and like to feed alot , so the 250 was a good choice for me. The 200 probably would have been sufficient though.
I had live rock from the 65 gallon to add to the dry pukani rock to seed it. I love that rock though, and will use it from now on.