New 90gal

saltywaters

Here are some pics of our new to us 90 gallon all set up. We haven't made any changes to anything yet, but we do have a new light fixture coming in today. Once it's up and running, I'll post an after picture. Please let me know if there is anything that anyone sees that raises a red flag.
Thanks for looking.

meowzer

Nice looking tank and stand....so you just have the one fish? Is that a scratch on the fish..or the tank?

saltywaters

Unfortunately, those scratches are on the fish. I took that picture the 2nd day after it was set up (01/01/10), he probably got them from being netted or from the move... Here's an updated pic of him - looking much better! It's a little out of focus, but as you can see, the scratches are gone...

fretfreak13

How about some info? How old is the tank? How big? What's in it? =O And what kind of nem is that, it's really cool! My brother said it looked like nipples though. xD

saltywaters

We bought the entire set up used. The only upgrade we've made so far is the lighting. We just purchased a Current Nova Pro 6 bulb T5HO fixture. The tank had been set up for a little over a year at the previous owner's house. We moved it to our house on New Years Eve. We had everything up and running New Years Day. We ran into some plumbing issues when we moved it and there was no place open for replacement parts. It was kind of a disaster and we ended up with about 7 gals of water on the carpet. We tried to keep as much of the existing substrate as possible and kept all but about 45 gals of the existing water.
90 gal
45 gal refugium
40 # LS
100 # LR
1 Sailfin Tang - "Mr. T"
1 Maroon Clown
1 Tomato Clown
1 Purple Urchin
1 Cleaner Shrimp
6 Turbo Snails
2 Turben Snails
6 Hermits
1 small bubble tip anemone
Here's an updated pic with the new lighting. Top one is with the flash - bottom is without.

fretfreak13

I LOVE that tang! I don't have a big tank cause I really don't like the bigger fish. I'm a small person, so the little guys appeal to me a bit more, but sailfins are amazing. If I ever upgraded out of a nano, it would be only to get a sailfin. I love your rockwork, that dead acro looking rock in the top center really adds to the tank. =P Can't wait to see it with coral.

saltywaters

Here in a few weeks when everything settles and we recover financially from Christmas, we'll be adding corals and probably some more fish. I'm really debating on the fish though.. I've heard you don't want to get too many Tangs, but I want to add at least two more (blue hippo and yellow). We'll post more pictures as we go.