New Brain coral

B

brue102

I got this brain coral for my birthday...when it arrived it had poked a hole in the bag and all the water had leaked out. It looks to me that it's going to pull through. What do you think??
It just doesn't look right to me.

meowzer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
What do you mean it doesn't look right? I see mouth's ....tentacles...LOL...I DON'T see any skeleton......How long has it been in the tank?

B

brue102

It arrived...I had to pick up at fed-ex do to the box leaking last
wed. This is my first brain so I'm not sure what to expect...It does have just a little skeleton on its other side. I just thought it was going to look a lot different, nothing like the pic. when it was ordered...On a brighter note I got a great Galixea( i love it) a feather duster, some conches, crabs. Im going to take pics and put them on my post.

B

brue102

Any advise on care, feeding would be great Ive been reading about them but Ive found I learn a lot from you guys...nothing

B

brue102

There are small white (looks like skeleton) spikes sticking out, and there is a tan mucus coming off it this is a little better though.

B

brue102

I haven't seen any tentacles at all but I'm not sure what to look for. whats the best thing to spot feed it? I gave it some Plankton and marine cuisine last night, But I didnt see any tentacles.

B

brue102

Yes there is flow on it...not direct but my tank has a lot of flow. You can see that the mucus is getting blown off.

meowzer

Originally Posted by brue102
http:///forum/post/3238721
what will the feeding tentacles look like?
They will look like.......tentacles....LOL
seriously...how do you describe this,....maybe like hairs

look when the lights go out....you will notice them....I'll see if I can find a pic of some

B

brue102

sorry Ive just never seen them before. I guess Im looking dumb...lol

B

brue102

I didnt see anything last night when I gave it food and my lights go off at seven and I dont see anything tonight

B

brue102

mine has yet to look like that. At night it just closes up tight...no tentacles yet.

meowzer

Originally Posted by brue102
http:///forum/post/3238896
mine has yet to look like that. At night it just closes up tight...no tentacles yet.
Well that is also an acan....I have a favia that you have to look REALLY close to see the tentacles...they almost look like really fine hairs.....
Last night that was the first good pic I came to

thought it would give you an idea anyways

B

brue102

yes thank you it does..it going to look like my candy cane coral when its hungry. I just wanted to make sure what I was looking for. Maybe this new brain is still acclimating. What should I feed it?