New Clarkii Clown:3

ryandefones

So let me fill everyone in,
My tank is a 25 gallons (tall).
I didn't start out so hot, and it didn't help that one of my local fish stores were giving me bad tips when I first started out my tank.
I have had my tank 6 months now, and when I started out, I converted my planted tank into saltwater, and by month 2 I had 2 damsels, 15 pounds of live, and a pink tip Haitian anenome.
I know, I know,.... it was terrible.
I was running my tank on a dual t-5 fixture light setup, and used a small powerhead that was terrible.
The fish were fine, and the anenome stayed white(ish) at near the base of it's tentacles from the lack of light.
But now my tank is up and running and it seems to be doing alot better than before.
although I cannot give the exact perameters of the water, (I will update tomorrow)
I am still using an aquaclear canister filter, I have an AquaticLife Internal Mini (protein) Skimmer 115, and a Hydor powerhead.
My new light's are Sunbright Bulbs, 1 ProPink bulb (24'') and a 22,000k bulb (24'').
I kept the anenome and got rid of my damsels a long time ago.
The anenome is ALOT bigger now, and turned a brown tint all over. It's tips are a bright purple and has always been healthy.
I have 2 turbo snails, a couple of blue mushrooms, candy cane coral (frag), a toadstool (frag), a button poly (frag), and a frag of starburst.
I purchased more live rock a week ago, and yesturday I thought it might be time to try fish again.
I bought a clarkii clown and a yellow tailed damsel,.... They looked fine and healthy at the store and when I brought them home and gradually introduced them to the tank. they havent acted stress and they both seem fine in the tank but they arent eating.
Might it be that my tank is not yet ready????
my old tank with upgraded lights

flower

Sounds like everything is going fine. I don't know whay you would want a damsel, but to each his own. It's normal for new fish to not eat the first 24 hours, their whole world is changed. Be careful to not overfeed.
Congratulations, you didn't give up and managed to get it back on track. We do require update pictures.

ryandefones

I will have pictures in the morning! but yes the bulbs are, and before I had two UV pink bulbs! my room was all purple! I needed to send one back and replace it. But the Clownfish is out more! :) he's swimming around alot more and was semi eating today. I soaked some frozen mysis in garlic today to help the two fish eat, and they were nit picking at pieces but I am going to give it a few more days before they come around.
So far everything is good! and I will post new pics in the morning! sorry I was busy today,
but does anyone suggest a certain type of anenome that might be better for a clarkii? I read that they prefer bubble tips but I am not that fond of them. I was looking at a ritteri or haddons carpet? I'd just sell my haitian back to the LFS so they couldnt harm eachother!

meowzer

anemone looks good......You do know that it is not gauranteed that a clown will host any anemone....right?
My clowns host the filter tubes
I have a bta and a condy too
That light is very pink...LOL....