New Clown Not Eatting

sin

I just got my clown fish in yesterday. I acclimate him or her and put it in my tank. I feed it flake food and it did not eat. Today i feed it again and it did not eat. It is just staying in one spot it swimms forward a littile bit and swimms back next to my intake of my hob filter. Is this normal for clown fish to do when new to a tank. :notsure:

bang guy

This is normal behavior for wild caught Clownfish. Just try feeding a small amount of food once a day. It will eventually feel comfortable in the new environment to eat.

sin

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
This is normal behavior for wild caught Clownfish. Just try feeding a small amount of food once a day. It will eventually feel comfortable in the new environment to eat.
I will do that thanks

V

viper44901

I just got a clown percula also. I got it yesterday. I tried feeding it pellets but it did not accept them. He would take em and spit it right back out. So I tried giving a smaller pellet samething, took it in and then spit it right out. I tired a couple of more times and he spit all of them right out. suggestions????????

mr_bill

Brine on day 3 worked for me. From what I gather almost all clowns will wait 2-4 days before feeling comfortable enough to eat.