New Dragon

aw2

I've been down in FL, for the past week, visiting Amanda and we've been checking out all the local fish stores.
We didnt find anything too great but found this guy today at a small store that didnt keep very healthy live stock. He was in a 200 - 300gal. coral holding tank that also held a Green, Tess, a Jeweled (that had just been attacked by the Tess) and some other wierd species of Moray.
I've never seen a Mexican Dragon got for less than $200 but when I asked how much the Morays were, they said "Any of them for $89".

aw2

Now, I just need to find a Japanese Dragon, in my price range and I can complete my "Dragon Collection" since I already have a Hawaiian Dragon.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

moraymike

Originally Posted by AW2
Now, I just need to find a Japanese Dragon, in my price range and I can complete my "Dragon Collection" since I already have a Hawaiian Dragon.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
Yeah, the Japanese Dragon is on my list also... Nice find with the Mexican Dragon.

psusocr1

You call that an eel??

just getting you back Aw.. great looking eel! especially for that price how can you pass him up! looks nice and fat!

emperor11

Nice AW2!! Is he going in the 200 with the rest of your little "eel friends?" Or is he going to go someplace else? I personally don't care much for eels, because I'm a reefer, but for an eel, he's really nice. But man, I LOVE japanese dragons. I can't wait until you get your hands on one of those.

amandal

For right now, he's going to go into my 90gal. with the Hawaiian Dragon and the Whitemouth.
In a few months, when my 200gal. is finished and set back up, they'll all go into that.
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I'm getting ready to pack him up now, to carry on the plane with me because I'm heading back to IL today. It's 80 here and 30 and snowing where I'm going. I want to stay here!!!!

aw2

For right now, he's going to go into my 90gal. with the Hawaiian Dragon and the Whitemouth.
In a few months, when my 200gal. is finished and set back up, they'll all go into that.
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I'm getting ready to pack him up now, to carry on the plane with me because I'm heading back to IL today. It's 80 here and 30 and snowing where I'm going. I want to stay here!!!!

yimmy

I'm in AZ, love it. I wish I had money to start up another tank and get a dragon. Awesome eel and great find, good luck with him

amandal

Well I didn't get a phone call, so I'm assuming Andy, the eel, 5 hermits and 400 nassarius snails all made it onto the plane without incident. It was hot as Hades here today. I'd give ANYTHING to be on that plane with them heading to IL! (and not just for the weather
)

syndrome

Once again nice eel. Yeah today it hit 90 here in orlando but there was a cool breeze so it was a little to cold to go out
. I'm suprised that the eel wasnt confiscated by homeland security

amandal

Well if they consider that it's still moving around, they have to admit that it isn't swimming in a vat of acid meant for the pilot's face.

aw2

Well, it was a short lived celebration.
He was fine, all packed up and I check on him, on numerous occasions and all was well.
I just got home...2.35am...unpacked everything, only to find the Dragon dead.
I have no idea what could have happened.

aw2

I'm severely pissed. There was no reason, what-so-ever, for this thing to just up and die.
I checked on it, in Minnesota...only a few hours ago...and it was fine, swimming around, etc. It was carried everywhere, with me and was not jostled around or anything.
I'm at a loss...and, $100 right down the drain.

aw2

Originally Posted by Titan
That sux, do you think stress of any sort played a role?
He wasnt stressed, that I could see.
He spent the night in a 5gal. bucket, with a powerhead, at Amandas. Earlier today, when I transfered him to the rubbermaid, he was perfectly fine.
When I checked on him, during the flight, from Orlando, he was fine. I checked again in Minnesota, he looked the same as he did at Amandas.
He went through no more than he would have being shipped from a wholesaler to a fish store or from some fish store, overnighted, to a customer. He was in transit for less than 6 hours. There was more than enough air in the Rubbermaid and I know he wasnt knocked around or anything.