New FIsh!

jacknjill

Well I've gotten my livestock for the tank, now I'm just saving up money to start buying corals. I also need a few more snails crabs though.
1 true percula
1 firefish
1 royal gramma
2 mexican turbo snails
2 nassarius snails
1 cleaner shrimp
2 red leg hermits
2 blue leg hermits
Its really hard to get a good picture of my clownfish though, he's constantly wiggling around.

jacknjill

Thanks! It's actually dirtier now and is having a small diatom outbreak at the moment, I took these pictures the day after I got them. The tank is about a month old, but I started with all pre-cured live rock (although i added a few pieces of dead base rock) and water from an established tank. Then I let it sit for two weeks and tested it by throwing in some shrimp and random fish food to see if it could handle it and there were no spikes. I've had the fish for 2 weeks now and all my levels are perfect (ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites are all 0). I do weekly water changes and everything seems to be holding well.

jacknjill

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3248743
Be careful, my royal gramma killed my purple firefish! :(
Ah I know, I was a little worried about that. Originally I had my clownfish first and just wanted to add one more fish, but I was afraid that if I put in the gramma first it would be aggressive towards the firefish so I added them together. Fingers crossed!

luvmyreef

Yeah, mine did the same thing yours is doing in the pick. He constantly went after him with his mouth open like he wanted to spar with him. This went on for a couple weeks, then one morning......found my sweet little firefish.....:(

jacknjill

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3248750
Yeah, mine did the same thing yours is doing in the pick. He constantly went after him with his mouth open like he wanted to spar with him. This went on for a couple weeks, then one morning......found my sweet little firefish.....:(
Hmm, well that was just the first day. Now the firefish mostly just hides in a cave (I'm assuming because of the gramma), so I'm a little bummed. No aggression that I see myself though, so I guess I will just have to wait and see.