New Full Tank Shots

jpgnmt

Always amazed at how nice the tank looks after the Saturday tidy up. I do a 10% water change and scrape the front glass. Everyone is freaked out on Saturday but happy by Sunday. Tank is a 54 gallon bowfront, lights are T5's with a clip on MH on the back corner. Just added some tiny power heads that I really like as they move water but are not obtrusive to see.Attachment 243972

meowzer

It's looking great.....is yours a corner bow? I think I remember it being the same as mine.....do you have a pic of your lights? I am thinking about new lights, and with the shape of this tank....24" is all I could fit ....

jpgnmt

It is a corner bow. Here are a few shots for you to see the set up on lights. The transformer is the big thing on the shelf. I can loosen the arm on the light to raise it up to get at the top of the tank. I didn't allow much room when I made the opening for the lights to go above the tank so it is a tight squeeze with just a bit of breathing room. It was originally set up as a fresh water tank.Attachment 243974Attachment 243975Attachment 243976Attachment 243977

meowzer

So is your "tank corner" in a wall?? mine is just in the corner of a room...so I don't think I would want to do all that shelf stuff....I would have nowhere to hide it, and I do not hink it would look right because of how I have it set up.....
Thanks for the pics

I will have to look for a 24" light with feet I guess....like I have now, but T5's

spanko

I love the finished side of this tank. Well done. But in Montana, doesn't it get cold in the winter? Do you heat the garage?

jpgnmt

It is insulated and it is on a thermostat set for 50. At first had styrofoam panels that fit on the sides but don't need them. It is great to check it out from the back as I have a CBS that rarely comes out front.

jpgnmt

Thanks for all the comments. I am confused on one, is Chicago in Kazakstan? My geography must me failing me.

jpgnmt

Thanks again. My only complaint on a bow front is that you can't photograph anything toward the back of the tank, not sure if it is the distance or the curve of the glass.

btwk12

did them mushrooms grow that much? or did u just buy a whole bunch of them? and if they grew how long did it take?

jpgnmt

The aquarium is 31 months old. I originally bought some live rock with some mushrooms on them. Over time they have multiplied, especially the purple ones. I had two anemonies in the tank that eventually became seven. At that point all you could see was anems and the mushrooms hated them. They jumped off the rocksp to get away. When ever I had an opportunity to get an anem out, I would take it to my LFS to trade or a local high school with a salt tank. I am down to just one now and have a Barberi Clown that host with it. When i had several, they wander around the tank and drive everyone else crazy. When I have the flow and the lights just right the mushrooms are huge and I call that a happy mushroom day. I have had to slice a few off if they grow into a neighbor but they just attach to gravel and start to grow again.