New GBTA

jpa0741

Got a new GBTA anemone yesterday. I am lucky it is doing so well seeing how it was shipped in zero degree weather. Here are some pics.
Acclimating

About a half an hour after putting it in the tank.

A couple hours after being in the tank.
IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/jpa0741/100_4168.jpg[/IMG]

24 hours in the tank. The clown claimed his home in about 2 hours.

lmecher

Wow, I love it. It is lookin good

I have many roses and have been looking for a nice green like yours, I am very jealous. I would have been very worried having it shipped in this frigid weather. Hmmm...my brother just ordered an anemone a very reputabel online vendor (can't name) and they are holding off shipping till the weather gets a little warmer, I think he's in for a long wait. You got very lucky!

jpa0741

Originally Posted by Lmecher
http:///forum/post/2914828
Wow, I love it. It is lookin good

I have many roses and have been looking for a nice green like yours, I am very jealous. I would have been very worried having it shipped in this frigid weather. Hmmm...my brother just ordered an anemone a very reputabel online vendor (can't name) and they are holding off shipping till the weather gets a little warmer, I think he's in for a long wait. You got very lucky!
I ordered mine last fri. evening from a very reputable online vendor. I am guessing the same as you are talking about. I didn't even think to check the weather when I ordered. I got a message on Mon. that said they are suspending all shipping until weather warms some. I was thinking good idea. Then on Tues. I get another message saying my ordered was shipped. Then I am thinking what the ----. It is colder now then yesterday. I honestly didn't think they had a chance. To my surprise my GBTA and a Swissguard Basslett I ordered showed and in decent shape. The water in the bags was 63. which I was expecting much colder.

lmecher

Thanks a lot!
After seeing yours, I looked online at this site where my brother placed his order. (I saw some amazing gbta's) His is still delayed due to the weather. I decided to order one. He is adding it to his so I will save on shipping. God help me, I have so many now but I just can't help myself, I have wanted a nice deep green bta for so long. I can't wait, gosh, you'd think I was a kid waiting for santa.
I will post photos when I get it.

jpa0741

http:///forum/post/2915766
Thanks a lot!
After seeing yours, I looked online at this site where my brother placed his order. (I saw some amazing gbta's) His is still delayed due to the weather. I decided to order one. He is adding it to his so I will save on shipping. God help me, I have so many now but I just can't help myself, I have wanted a nice deep green bta for so long. I can't wait, gosh, you'd think I was a kid waiting for santa.
I will post photos when I get it.
How many do you have now? Any pics?

lmecher

Right now I have 8 roses one is pictured in my thread in this forum "my tiny rose". I will post a couple of photos of the others.
This is my origonal rose, it was enormous.

Here are all three after the second split.

This one was rescently sold, it's eating here.

This is my tiny roses, you can see 4 in this picture.

jpa0741

Very cool. I am in the planning stages of hooking up a large frag/anemone tank. They will be seperated but shared. It will be hooked into my system I have now.

lmecher

Sounds great, you never have enough room huh? Post photos when you get it set up, would love a look.
Hows your bta doing? It is a real beauty.

jpa0741

It will be a while before I get it setup. I just love the look of a Anemone dominated tank. I am planning to have about 50g dedicated to them.
My GBTA seems to be doing well. He has only moved a few inches from where I first put him. As you can see I tried to isolate him on an island. I have no idea if it will do any good or not. Thought it was worth a try. This is my third BTA in the last 1 1/2 years. The first a RBTA never looked very healthy and died after a month or so. The second I bought it was hosting the Saddleback clown I have now. That is the only reason I bought the SB. It made it one night and got sucked into my power head. I am hoping the third time is the charm.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/2917010
Right now I have 8 roses one is pictured in my thread in this forum "my tiny rose". I will post a couple of photos of the others.
This is my origonal rose, it was enormous.

Here are all three after the second split.

This one was rescently sold, it's eating here.

This is my tiny roses, you can see 4 in this picture.

I'm so jealous
....I want more..with more colors