new hydor KORALIA flow pump

cgrant

Has anyone seen these yet, seem great for the money!
They should be available ~feb.
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 400 GPH $22
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 600 GPH $28
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 850 GPH $32
Koralia 1 Turbo Pump 1200 GPH $40
Here's the wattage:
hydor.it/inglese/s_koralia.htm
Model Flow Power
KORALIA 1 400 gph 3.5 W
KORALIA 2 600 gph 4.5 W
KORALIA 3 850 gph 6.5 W
KORALIA 4 1200 gph 8.5 W
For comparison:
Hydor Koralia 1200 / 1200GPH / ?? Controllable / $40
vs
Tunze NanoStream 6045 / 1200GPH / Not Controllable / $100
Tunze NanoStream 6055 / 1450GPH / Controllable / $200
vs
seio
M11001100gph/4400lph6.5" x 2.56" x 3.23"/21W
M15001500gph/6000lph7.3" x 2.8" x 3.5"/34W
TA3715 Taam Seio Super Flow Pump M1100 $62.95
TA3717 Taam Seio Super Flow Pump M1500 $69.95

fbm

Yes I posted these in a thread about tunze, however have you found any for sale in the US yet?

J

jrthomas40

where can you buy those hydors??? i went to the website but it is just an info site....*Email Removed*

joncat24

when they get released in the US in feb, I bet these thing fly off the shelves. Fotr the gph at the wattage listed, with the fully rotational direction, I would say everyone will want them....I know I do

fbm

Originally Posted by joncat24
when they get released in the US in feb, I bet these thing fly off the shelves. Fotr the gph at the wattage listed, with the fully rotational direction, I would say everyone will want them....I know I do
Yes I agree, however I need more flow now. I emailed the us rep to see what the msrp is going to be on these things.

fbm

Originally Posted by joncat24
the 1200 gph one is only going to be $40.

I seen some at another message board and they were saying that is was 40 dollars per gph or something like that. I hope they are only 40 dollars but I don't think a company wouldn't bring out a product like this and undercut everyone so much when they know they can get alot more for these. Don't make good business sense.

fbm

I ordered 2 of the model 4's and called them today. Said that they were promised they would be here middle of January so we shall see. They were 50 bucks a peice and I figured I would try them out. I think they look really nice and I can't hide them yet so they will be out in the open.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by fbm
I ordered 2 of the model 4's and called them today. Said that they were promised they would be here middle of January so we shall see. They were 50 bucks a peice and I figured I would try them out. I think they look really nice and I can't hide them yet so they will be out in the open.

did you order them from that website??? cuz i think i am going to preorder me two of the model 4's for my 90g

fbm

Yes I did, then I called them on Christmass Eve. They opened at noon. The told me that they did not have any in yet but where expecting them middle of January. And would ship as soon as they got them. They also said that they would be the first in the US to get them, if you believe that.
I imagine you will be able to find them cheaper but I feel I need them as soon as possible.

J

jrthomas40

yeah i am in the same boat...i have a 90g that i just set up and i have about a 3x turnover...i have thought about the wave2k but it is kind of expensive for me right now with two of the model 4s and my pump now i can get a 30x turnover rate so that is good especially since it is magnetic and you dont have wires running the inside of the tank
only thing i worry about is what type of stream is put out...is it like regular powerheads with a strong narrow flow at the spout then disperse or is it like the tunze and have a wide flow from the beginning

fbm

I think this is one of the best features of these is the looks. I like the tunze but I think these look alot nicer when you factor in the cost. And the magnet holder is a nice pluse as well. I hope they are good, the rest of the stuff that I have used from hydor has been first class so we shall see. I hate being one the first to get something I like to wait until they are proven but I will try these.
But my usual saying is if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

J

jrthomas40

lol...yeah aint that the truth...i hate being the first to buy stuff too because i want to know if it is crap....but the wave2k are like 450 for a pair of corner units and are kind of noisy because of the motors...so i would rather lose 100 dollars opposed to 500 if they are crap...and if they are good enough then i wont lose any then if they aint good enough hopefully it will do the job until i save up for the tunze or one center unit wave2k

fbm

Well I too cancelled my order, I went and got 2 nanostreams today. I got a 6025 and a 6045 and I really like them. I don't like the cost but there are great pumps. I added 2000 gph flow and it is a nice easy flow.

debdeb

I just bought 2 of the Koralia's. I want to put them in my 180, which isn't set up yet so I'm not in a hurry and I thought I'd give them a shot. The tank isn't drilled for close loop so I'm trying to find a decent solution for water circulation. Hopefully they work as good as they look. I would like to put them on the bottom of the tank, pointing up, and hide them with rock work. I've seen the Tunze rock idea and I think I can do the same thing with the Koralia since they come with magnet mounts. This will put my tank at 20X gph and if I like them, I can add a couple more which will boost me up to 33X. 4 of them would only be 34 watts of electricity which is less than a quarter of my Iwaki wmd40rxlt return pump that's 150 watts and only 1200 gph.