new hydor KORALIA flow pump

joncat24

they are defenitely powerful enuf. Not quite as powerful as the mjmods , but for the price they are very strong with a wide flow pattern. It all depends on tank size how many u might need or which model to get

spankey

I will tell you what, I ordered two model 3's for my tank. I was running two 600 seios.. .I have to trade these to my buddy for something else. Way to much flow in my 46 bowfront... Let me tell ya... They really put out allot of flow..
My model 3's are very small vs the seio.. More streamlined too.
I hear the model 4's though are somewhat big.. But so are the full size tunze's... As long as it works for the price, It could look like a loaf of bread in my tank... That was a joke by the way...LOL

ghettotang

Well I have 75 gallon tank, two maxjet 1200 series. The only problem I have is how much water flow do I need. One person suggest that take your total gallon of your fish tank multiple it by 20, which going to give you the tatol flow you need in your tank. But it seem to me that I don't have enough water flow because I'm see a lot of debris underneath my LR especially in dead spot. Any suggestion on how I can resolved these
Thanx

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by GhettoTang
Well I have 75 gallon tank, two maxjet 1200 series. The only problem I have is how much water flow do I need. One person suggest that take your total gallon of your fish tank multiple it by 20, which going to give you the tatol flow you need in your tank. But it seem to me that I don't have enough water flow because I'm see a lot of debris underneath my LR especially in dead spot. Any suggestion on how I can resolved these
Thanx
in last months saltwater aquarium magazine they said your flow depends on what type of corals and that most corals will do well with 10-15 times your tank size and for some species need up towards 50 times...so my guess is that some people just kinda take the inbetween.....i have a 90 gallon and i think i am only going to get a bigger return pump with a koralia 3 or model 4....and it will give me between 13-20 times
if you dont want to get new PH...then you could get the hydor rotating deflector and i think that would help make that water swirl and pick up some of the debris and keep the bed a little cleaner

spankey

I agree,
The hydro rotating flow's are great as an add on to the maxijet 1200 or even the 900. Although it cuts the flow about a 1/3 due to the resistance but it will work quite well. I just wish they fit on a larger powerhead than the MJ1200's..... Are there any other powerheads out there that put out more flow than the MJ 1200's that have a round nozzel you can fit the hydor flows on??
I have two of the model 3 koralina's in my 46 bow and it really moves allot of water.. Before the model 3's I had two Seio 620's and it moved water but now that the koralina's are in my hairy mushrooms on the sand bed are blowing around off the bottom.... They kick allot of flow...
I would do two model 3's in a 75 as I am afraid if you did two of the model 4's it might be too much. You can no matter what anyone says, you can have TOO much flow! What most people are looking for is water that moves over their corals and not a flow that blasts the corals....
Just my 2 cents.
Spankey

ninjamini

Hey the drs raised there price. The 3 was $40 and the 4 was $50. They added $10 to the price of both making them $50 & $60.

spankey

That's sad they raised the price. I am glad I bought mine when I did. Look for them elsewhere. That Pet Place will be selling them shortly. Their prices are usually comparable to Dr Fosters and Smith's... Sometimes better.. Look around you might find a better deal...

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by ninjamini
Hey the drs raised there price. The 3 was $40 and the 4 was $50. They added $10 to the price of both making them $50 & $60.

dang they did raise the place...sorry *explict*....

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by spankey
That's sad they raised the price. I am glad I bought mine when I did. Look for them elsewhere. That Pet Place will be selling them shortly. Their prices are usually comparable to Dr Fosters and Smith's... Sometimes better.. Look around you might find a better deal...

how do you know that one place is going to be selling them shortly???

J

jrthomas40

id like to see some pics of those new pumps folks have gotten lately

shawnlx86

Ive been using the #1 model for about a week now on a 40gal. quarantine tank. No problems, quiet, sleek design. I have it about 1/2 way down in the tank pointing straight across and still get great surface aggitation. Well worth the money over the maxijet I was going to get.

J

jrthomas40

doesnt look as big as some were saying...i am trying to get 2 #4 and 2 #3....i want to put 1 #4 and 1 #3 to put in each of my 90g and my 75g...but no one has them in stock and it is going to be my luck by the time i get some they will cost as much as tunze :(