NEW LED'S...TOMORROW

acrylic51

Looks good Meowzer......I'd just dial the whites and blues down and bring them in slowly till corals acclimate.....My buddy has the R2 over his tank....Was just there checking them out....pretty neat little setup for their size.....Wouldn't need tons of them though!!!!!

mr. limpid

Then you will really like the look when you get your LED's going. I added LED's and my hole tank got alot crisper looking.

meowzer

HMMM...tank is running warmer now.....it was running 76-77......When I got home today it was 81.5 the light fits on like a lid, so it is not as open as it use to be, and I can no longer keep my small fan on behind hit.....
In the front rounded section of the tank I have the piece of glass that use to be attached to the whole tank lid......I do not want to leave this totally open....don't want anyone to jump....SO for now I have the fan blowing down from the top of the light....don't know if this will help or not yet.....I probably need to look for the 2nd MP10 and take out the 2 Koralias I still have in there....that may help too
I have to think about this a little more....LOL

2quills

Get hubby to make a canopy for it to raise the lights up high enough that you can have the fan blowing across the top of the tank. That way they fish won't be able to jump out. Or simply raise the lights (maybe hang them) and make a net for the top.

meowzer

I don't see how they can be hung the way they are built......We did cut some eggcrate specially for this tank that would work again if I could raise it.....
IDK how to make a canopy LOL....we are getting too DIY for me here.....the whole point of this light is that it fit the corner bow :(
I may look for a skinnier fan LOL

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/386369/new-led-s-tomorrow/40#post_3394393
I don't see how they can be hung the way they are built ......We did cut some eggcrate specially for this tank that would work again if I could raise it.....
IDK how to make a canopy LOL....we are getting too DIY for me here.....the whole point of this light is that it fit the corner bow :(
I may look for a skinnier fan LOL
If there is a will then there's a way lol. Was just a suggestion...I would think an mp-10 would help also. And, perhaps a skinnier fan.

meowzer

Hey the temp has gone down 1 degree already.....maybe the way I have the fan will help, and I can leave that small front piece of glass off while I am in here too

meowzer

80.4 LOL....well my husband is now cutting me a front lid out of eggcrate

I think that will help a lot...

monsinour

radio snack has many sizes of leds. not sure if you can have one shipped to you or not. maybe canabalize a PC at work.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/386369/new-led-s-tomorrow/40#post_3394465
Meowzer how close are the LEDs to the water surface?
Maybe 4-6".....I'm at work so I can't measure...LOL....BUT the unit sits right on the tank ledge, but the lights are set up in it....
SO maybe closer to 6 if we account for the distance between the ledge and actual water level...and then the few inch's up to the actual lights
I thought LEDS were cool....and did not generate heat :(