New LFS in Metro Detroit!!!!

blueface

New LFS in Eastpointe w/ really good prices & livestock. Definetly worth checking out. "Stingray Bay" off of nine mile between Gratiot & Kelly. They get new stock every Wednesday.

D

daniel411

I was there a few weeks ago, most of the tanks were empty. Are they stocked now?
EDIT: actually it was probally closer to a month or two, just after they opened. It looked nicely set up though.

D

daniel411

Was it the guy who ran greenwoods on the east side, or greenwoods on the west side?
Was a nicely setup store when I went, just nearly empty.
Theres a new one opening up also in Bloomfield Hills area. Advertising that they'll have the largest collection of saltwater in michigan (kind of doubting that) and that they're specialing in rare corals and fish. I'll look up the contact info again.

D

daniel411

Its actually in West Bloomfield-"Aqua Exotics", on Opdyke rd. between m59 and Sqaure Lake rd. on the east side of the road.
They just opened recently, I haven't checked it out yet. But they were advertising that they would have 9000 gallons on display. Specialing in exotic corals, fish, lizards, and monkeys/lemurs of all things.
-There is also a new little store in Clawson on 14 mile west of Rochester just b4 Crooks. It's called Atlantis
-As soon as I stop working 70+ hours a week, I'll need to check all three of these new stores out!

cadbury

The Atlantis one is very small, not that special. I'll check out the one on Opdyke this weekend and report back on this thread. That one used to be Aqua nest and shut down about 3 months ago......

D

daniel411

I'd very much like to hear if that one where Aqua Nest used to be is as good as its advertising, can't wait for your report!

cadbury

Ok guys and gals, I'm going to be going to the one in Auburn Hills on Opdyke today for lunch. Look for a report on it about 2:30, I'll go check it out and let you all know if its all that, that its been advertised??!! Stay Tuned..........................

cadbury

Ok people, I'm back! I do have to say that I'm really impressed, its seems to be twice the size of Aqua Nest, maybe they're just utilizing their space better.In the front of the store they have a pond type of thing with a beach set up inwhich they have a little crocodile roaming around, pretty cool. They have a huge shark and ray tub set up. They have a huge saltwater room and then another huge seperate Fresh water room. Also a reptile room. they've painted it and it really looks great. They're still getting things in so they're inventory is'nt that full, however they had 40 box's just arrive when I got there. There Grand Opening will be November 21st if all goes well.......................

foxthorn

Thanks Cadbury.... !!! ALways like to hear about new LFS in the area.
Speaking of which... do you all know of any in the Farmington Hills, Novi type area?? The two I've been visiting most is Aquatic Discoveries in Sterling Heights and Pet connection in Livonia. Both are a good hike for me... would love to hear of something closer to my neck of the woods.
Thx.

cadbury

I know of a bunch, but there mostly here on the East side........ Other than the one by the airport and theirs a huge one out in Lansing, I think that one is Pruitts.

cadbury

Dont know exactly, but I would have to guess maybe 12 feet by 6 feet and about 2 '/2 foot deep. Looks the same as what they had the Live rock in there before, maybe a little bigger.