New LFS in Metro Detroit!!!!

tyr-sog

I actually went with a aquaclear wet/dry with(now) a mag 7 pump. I have a rubbermaid refuge cycling right now and im going to plumb that into the wetdry. Picked up a pretty sweet skimmer(all acrylic forgot name) with a cap2200 running on it. Skimming great. Went with the hello lights retrofit VHOs for now, 4 bulbs. Looks great.
I just had a run in with brooknyella though and wipped out all my fish this weekend. Tried to qt but to late.
Anyways, now I'm trying to decide to go fowlr and trade my corals in or stay reef. Tough choices.

tony detroit

He's moving out in two weeks. The tank is already spec'd and everything. We're gonna be dead after moving that thing.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by tony detroit
We're gonna be dead after moving that thing.

Very True!
Yep, I've basically been debating on going with the 480 for (3 leopard sharks, school of yellow tangs, and school of other small fish) all summer vs. doing a full fledged 300g reef. Its won out :)
Tyr-sog, sorry to hear about the wipe out. Sounds like a great setup though, will be a tough choice indeed.

leopard_babe

yeah you guys will be dead after moving a tank that big. I am interested in knowing where it is going. If you have to go up stairs or around sharp corners, that would be a pain in the a$$. How much do you think that weighs empty???

tony detroit

Originally posted by Leopard_babe
How much do you think that weighs empty???

It's tough to say. My 180glass was heavier than my 300acrylic. I don't think It's gonna be that bad. It's just going to be much heavier on one side than the other. We're going to have to move it through the doorwall inverted 90degrees. It's 4 feet wide and eight feet long.
Needless to say....Danny you are going to owe me a case of Heineken after that one.

tony detroit

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog
Anyways, now I'm trying to decide to go fowlr and trade my corals in or stay reef. Tough choices.

I think about that at least once a week with my 180. What a pain in the a$$.
good luck man