new little 75 gal

R

rcreations

Like someone already said, your tanks work because you keep very hardy fish. Triggers are pretty tough to kill. But if you tried adding a tang, it'd be dead in no time. But anyway, whatever works for you.
Just curious... how long have you had any one fish. Like what's your oldest fish?

slackjawed

Originally Posted by RCreations
http:///forum/post/2679917
Like someone already said, your tanks work because you keep very hardy fish. Triggers are pretty tough to kill. But if you tried adding a tang, it'd be dead in no time. But anyway, whatever works for you.
Just curious... how long have you had any one fish. Like what's your oldest fish?
I no all triggers are "easy care".A tang would not even hit the bottom of my 180 without loosing something.There not for me
I like mean , colorful swimming active fish.(not saiin yours are not)My oldest fish? hummmmmmmmmm i had few in a 75 for 3 years.Then dropped them into a 180.Try to keep 18 fish in one tank and mostly feed live.. tell me its easy....Poor water? No way guy.You saw the vid pretty clean. for 18 right?
O yea ,my little undy loves live minnows!He ate 1 yesterday.His first meal in new home

bruner54

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2680777
I no all triggers are "easy care".A tang would not even hit the bottom of my 180 without loosing something.There not for me
I like mean , colorful swimming active fish.(not saiin yours are not)My oldest fish? hummmmmmmmmm i had few in a 75 for 3 years.Then dropped them into a 180.Try to keep 18 fish in one tank and mostly feed live.. tell me its easy....Poor water? No way guy.You saw the vid pretty clean. for 18 right?
O yea ,my little undy loves live minnows!He ate 1 yesterday.His first meal in new home

dude just cause you say your water looks clear doesnt mean its clean water you could have high ammonia and i would rather not try to keep that many fish in that size tank id rather not take the risk to me its stupid.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by bruner54
http:///forum/post/2681084
dude just cause you say your water looks clear doesnt mean its clean water you could have high ammonia and i would rather not try to keep that many fish in that size tank id rather not take the risk to me its stupid.
ok so how much longer do you think before it crashes?Or the fish go postal????? never.im 2 lucky or good

bruner54

Originally Posted by slackjawed
http:///forum/post/2681224
ok so how much longer do you think before it crashes?Or the fish go postal????? never.im 2 lucky or good

im not saying yours are im saying that just cause your water looks clear doesnt mean its clean and im not taking the risk of spending that much money just to try what your doing

el guapo

WOW you guy have got to try this . I used the ignore feature and poof the demons are gone . All I see anymore is this
This message is hidden because slackjawed is on your ignore list.
It is with out a doubt the best feature to this website.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2681331
WOW you guy have got to try this . I used the ignore feature and poof the demons are gone . All I see anymore is this
This message is hidden because slackjawed is on your ignore list.
It is with out a doubt the best feature to this website.

I actually think its kinda fun to see the crap that this guy comes out with. As long as everyone knows to ignore any "advice" that he gives.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/2681597
I actually think its kinda fun to see the crap that this guy comes out with. As long as everyone knows to ignore any "advice" that he gives.

yea look at hef s v tank probley followed 99% of your advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his tank crashed hard !!! but mine still rockin

hlcroghan

If anyone saw that post that I wrote in the "puffer help" thread earlier, I retract my comment and say go for it! I was trying to say be nice to him and give him a chance to express himself. Nevermind! I am just wondering why the moderators haven't blocked him yet. After a couple months of reading all the posts he has written I have not seen one thing that has been helpful to anybody and he has also told a bunch of newbies horrible advice that will cost them lots of money. I didn't know that we can ignore certain people. What a godsend!
I am done reading anymore of this idiot's advice.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2682235
If anyone saw that post that I wrote in the "puffer help" thread earlier, I retract my comment and say go for it! I was trying to say be nice to him and give him a chance to express himself. Nevermind! I am just wondering why the moderators haven't blocked him yet. After a couple months of reading all the posts he has written I have not seen one thing that has been helpful to anybody and he has also told a bunch of newbies horrible advice that will cost them lots of money. I didn't know that we can ignore certain people. What a godsend!

was postedd for something dont no why?why because i have differnt ways of doin stuff............. i insult no one!!!!!!!! if anything all of you insult me
helpful is that you can house multi triggers together if people listen 2 99% you all say"tank to small!!! wont werk!!!" doesnt matter the situation thats your anwsers!!!!!!!!!! just doin stuff differnt than you and it works !!!!!!! good luck

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by hlcroghan
http:///forum/post/2682235

Posts like this go too far imo...so you don't agree with him, fine, leave it at that. There is no reason for personal attacks and imo makes this site alot less attractive. What's the point
?

R

rcreations

I gotta agree... I don't understand why everyone attacks this guy. Ok, so he's not good to his fish, we all get that. So we don't want to follow his advice, I get that too. Obviously his tanks are overcrowded. But just let him post his tanks and fish and if you don't agree with what he does, just don't read his posts. If he gives advice you don't agree with, just say so. These attacks make the attacker look just as bad IMHO.

hlcroghan

I apologize if anyone thinks I got carried away or insulted him. I had just read the post all the way through and it really made me upset. The advice he gives is really bad for 99.9% of all the people on here and I have personally see him give advice to newbies and they turn around and make purchases that don't work out or that cost them a lot of money and then he says "oh well, sorry it didn't work out" or " I guess it werks fer me because I am lucky or so good at what I do". That is ridiculous. All I am saying is he could at least put something in his posts that say "Okay this may not werk out but I have done it and got these results", instead of " Oh yeah! no problem!!
, I did and haven't had any scenes from Gladiator yet so it must be okay!! or " just feed live and everything will be fine". I would appreciate it if he was a bit more responsible with at least the advice that he gives out. People could use his experience in making unusual tanks work instead of blithering on about nearly impossible scenarios in this hobby. If he would do that I think he could honestly be a very useful part of this site. BTW, Slack, I do think that your new tank looks nice and the rock work looks lovely. I am sincerely sorry if I got carried away or you felt personally insulted. I am not usually quite so harsh.