new melanurus

oneradtek

some pics of my new melanurus wrasse i added a few days ago to replace my beloved Skippy the sixline wrasse. this one is named snowflake and is a young female. enjoy the pics

oneradtek

o i have TONS of pics of my tank, check out my tank blog in the reef forum and its called ....."so, new tank..."

oneradtek

thanks, males are MUCH better. the juvenile colors are less bright too. once it gets a little older, it should brighten up

A

abeandlulu

WOW!! I just looked at a couple pics. Do you still use Reef crystals? I used to use instant ocean now I use tropic marin. It is expencive but it has worked wonders on my coral they have grown 10 fold since Ive used it. how has the crystals worked for you. Tough time you know!!!

oneradtek

yea i still use --, around here we can buy a bucket for 40$. ive had great results with using it. Even though i hav nothing to compare it to. i just use amino acids to get some color, and good lighting and calcium to keep the growth going

life~reefer

Nice Fish! I have been looking in to this wrasse but i have two shrimp. Its a cool fish though. How do you dose amino acid? what does it do to the coral to make it brighter?

fretfreak13

Beautiful fish! I'm sorry about Skippy, at least you have that one beautiful picture to remember him by. You should send that into a calendar or something, it's amazing.

oneradtek

thanks much about skippy and the photo. hopefully snowflake will add a bunch of good memories too to the tank.
Amino acids are thought to brighten up SPS coral color with providing more nutrients for them to eat in a nutrient poor SPS tank. When i dose, i simply turn off my skimmer and put aprox. 3 ml of amino acids into high flow in my tank . wait 15 minutes and turn back on my skimmer. i do this daily