New Mushroom

mylady

Well we added a new mushroom to the tank yesterday. Hubby got it from a local guy he's in the reef club with so it wasn't attached to anything. We took Flowers advice and placed some rubble in a place with low flow. Today it's open big and beautiful. This is the corner the brown stuff is growing in and we are going to add another power head to get more flow to this area, but for the mushroom it was a good spot. I thought I would share some pics. I included my thumb in the one pic so you can get a better idea of size, pardon the chipping nail polish, I need to do my nails again. It was very blue in the other guys tank but with our lights it looks more purple, but I think once we change out the lights it will look more blue. And it's still pretty, blue or purple.

flower

The mushrooms have attitudes. Some days it will look fleshy color and some days blue, other times purple. The bigger they open the more dull the color. So maybe it's water quality or being well fed makes them stay blue but small looking..Mine have been through everything and they change to some days big, some days small, some days are blue days and some days are more purple..... even in the shade, so it really isn't the light.

mylady

Is there a way, besides picking it up and ticking it off, to tell if it's attached itself to any of the rubble yet?

flower

If you disturb it...it starts all over again. Patients, just enjoy it in its corner.
Here is mine

spanko

I would give it at least a week, maybe two, until I picked it up to see if it is attached.