New Nano

genius172

actually i can't wait as well...i'm doing some pricing right now. i did find a sunpod for reasonable price though.

genius172

ok so i've been shopping and looking around...but since i don't have the corals that really require MH can i change the bulbs on my nano?

genius172

like if i change the bulbs into a higher watt and output. i mean wouldn't that be the same as if i was changing a blown bulb?

nissan577

um i guess. are you saying upgrading the whole system? like improving your wattage? you can but if you stay with pc you wont be able to keep sps. you cant but really close. you can keep LPS and softies.

genius172

yes just improving the wattage...i have mostly polyps and all the things that i researched state that polyps like pc lights because of the low intensity. but if i wanted to keep SPS corals, clams, and anemones then i should get MH.

genius172

good question...my reason for this quest is because i just hated that yellow tint that my current lights display. so i wanted something more natural looking...how much coral can i put in my 14 to where they can grow and not kill each other?

nissan577

alot. lol. some lps have sweepers that may sting other corals. but people have luck with them. look at Demartini tank! she has a huge frogspawn and nothing happend to her. and i have one as well and it stings corals!
! lol.

genius172

i will look into that tomorrow about the bulbs... so you think that two 50/50 will look good? and thank you Redsea for the compliment.

nissan577

yea im pretty sure it will. it will have a white color to it. but as well i really like the deep blue so i will get 50/50 and one actinic! but its up to you! both are amazing!