new pics (12g aquapod)

jacksonpt

The tank is just a little over 2 months old, so I took some new pics last night. It's hard shooting through the curved glass, so not all of them turned out. Here are some of the better ones.
Full Tank Shot

Zoos

Watermellon Mushroom

Ricordia

Red Mushroom

Frogspawn

Candy Cane

Blastomussa

fedukeford

Nice tank! i saw on another board that you might be fragging those yellow zoas, mabey we could work out a trade?
Feduke

m0nk

Very nice tank, and great pics! I can't seem to get good pics of my tank because I don't have an action setting (or so it seems) on my digital. Anyone have suggestions how I can avoid blurred fish and flowing bubble streaks? :)

jacksonpt

Originally Posted by m0nk
Very nice tank, and great pics! I can't seem to get good pics of my tank because I don't have an action setting (or so it seems) on my digital. Anyone have suggestions how I can avoid blurred fish and flowing bubble streaks? :)
you'll have to work on your timing... move the camera with the fish, take the shot while both the camera and the fish are moving. The fish will turn out sharp and clear, the background will be blurred.

jacksonpt

Originally Posted by MrScarface
lion fish in a 12g??? let me know if it works out....
It won't in the long run, he'll outgrow the tank. So will the clown for that matter.

is that a carpet anemone behind the clown or is it a leather coral? please tell! i really wanted a carpet for my 24g but they are too big.

krishj39

Jacksonpt, I wanted to let you know that I've been considering getting an aquapod for a while but wasn't ever sure if I'd really be happy with it (it's hard to think about having a 12g when you used to have a much larger aquarium). After seeing your photos I immediately bought one online! I'm convinced it's possible to do some cool things with it, so thanks for pushing me over the edge!
Emily, I'm sure that's a toadstool leather. Carpet anenomes need a lot of light but other than that you could keep one in your aquarium until it grew too large. You never can predict how fast an anenome will grow, sometimes they even shrink! In the wild it's totally possible to have a 4 inch anenome be 100 years old while the one 2 feet across right next to it is only 10 years old.