New Pics!!! Aggresive!!

trigger29

Here are some new pics of my fish

Does anyone have any cool pics they would like to throw up on this thread???
My Blue-Line

Toad Fish

lion_crazz

Awesome fish and great pics!! Man, be careful though, those fuscus triggers (blue line) are nasty. That lion may very well get torn up in the near future.

trigger29

dam man that shark is awesome that whole tank is gorgeous lol
what size is your tank?? will that shark out grow it or that ray? they both look awesome man

trigger29

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Awesome fish and great pics!! Man, be careful though, those fuscus triggers (blue line) are nasty. That lion may very well get torn up in the near future.
ya i was thinking of maybe seperating them when there a little older i dunno i think the lion fish will grow faster then the trigger so i think i still have some time for it

trigger29

those are some cool looking sharks too and that black ray what kind is that?
what kind os shark is that?
what size tank did you have him in ?
im thinking about getting a shark but i have no idea on tank size and filtration sytem ? filters or a sump or what you know?

cool pics guys very very nice
pROps!

crimzy

Originally Posted by TriGGer29
those are some cool looking sharks too and that black ray what kind is that?
what kind os shark is that?
what size tank did you have him in ?
im thinking about getting a shark but i have no idea on tank size and filtration sytem ? filters or a sump or what you know?

cool pics guys very very nice
pROps!
The shark is an eppaullette. He outgrew the 225 gallon tank that I had him in and now he's living in a comfortable 1200 gallon lagoon. The ray is a yellow stingray. He turned black when I put him in my tank almost 3 years ago.
As far as filtration goes, things have actually gotten simple. A refugium provides additional volume, is relatively cheap and easy to build, and is probably the most effective type of filter that's common in the aquarium trade. Add a good protein skimmer to that and you're done. Personally, I also use a sterilizer but it's not a necessity.
While tank size is debatable, I think that some of the smaller, benthic sharks can survive in a 6' x 2' footprint. However after having one myself for a long time, I wouldn't get another shark if I had anything less than an 8' x 2.5' footprint. And this would only be for the bamboos, catsharks or small horns, (or possibly a ward's wobbegong).

crimzy

BTW, if you are considering a shark for your current setup, please understand that this would be a death sentence for any shark. Your triggers and puffer would kill any shark you tried to put in that tank.

robn

crimzy,
Nice setup there......especially the eppie.
psusocr1,
Nice pics, love the eel and shark.....great photography too BTW
TriGGer29,
The shark is a 22" horn shark, the ray is a 10" yellow ray.....they should be OK the rest of their lives in there....the tank is a 480gal, 8' X 2' X 4'

psusocr1

Tanks robyn,, love your tank as well..
heres a shot of my old boy and girl, kept them for along time but got over my ignorance and put them both in a friends cold water pond, where theys hould be instead of a warm climate tank..were still waiting for the pups!

mike22cha

Awesome tanks everyone! I wish I had to one to share.
Crimzy that sand is awesome! I plan on using that if I upgrade to a bigger aggressive tank. Nice eppie by the way.
Robn, awesome horn shark.
Psusocr, sweet set up and awesome rays and brown banded catshark right?

psusocr1

nope those are the colors of the grey bamboo from when they are young,, they just have grey really light stripes which eventually fade over time just liek the rest of the bamboos then they are all grey like any other free swimming shark..

trigger29

Originally Posted by crimzy
BTW, if you are considering a shark for your current setup, please understand that this would be a death sentence for any shark. Your triggers and puffer would kill any shark you tried to put in that tank.

o no lol i wasnt even thinking about a shark in my current setup i was thinking in the future getting a just shark and ray tank i am still playing with the idea
trying to find out what size and about filtration for it and everything lol thanks

trigger29

psusocr1
awesome looking tank man i love the 2 lions in there
what else is in there a large eel a grey bamboo and Tangs? everything looks great in there i was wondering what size tank you have and will everything be fione or will or did you upgrade in the future??
i love the idea of all those types of fish being in 1 tank its awesome man

i love all the sharks they all look awesome
my buddy recently got either a bamboo shark or a cat shark right after it hatched out of the egg he got it about a month ago but today he found it dead in his tank
it ate great there was no problems with the other fish and him ?? any reasons anyone would know why it die???