new pics of our tank! enjoy!

trikonreef

here are a few of our tank tonight. taken about 10 minutes ago! our sun coral is very happy too! he just ate 15 minutes ago. he is always very pretty after he eats!

trikonreef

and these are the last of them. we will put more on later on. tried to get our 6 line wrasse but he a fast lil bugger. our 4 year old has named him quagmire. he is very pretty but very sketchy! and quick! guess he doesnt like the "paparazzi"

trikonreef

we have two scooters, some blue legged hermit crabs, emerald crab, 2 pep shrimp, 3 camel shrimp, and a 6 line wrasse that doesnt like his pic taken!!! he is camera shy i think! i will get him one of these days!!
we love all our lil pets! lol

smallsalty1

very nice. I have some nice nearly barren rocks in mine. and some bristle worms. oooh and some amphipods. your tank looks great. very peaceful.

trikonreef

Originally Posted by soulsigma
http:///forum/post/3049043
Is your set-up mostly softies and lps coral ?
Yea. My lighting consists of PC's and two 39in T5 HO 39w 18,000k lights over a 45g breeder tank. I'm not sure if that's enough lighting to support most of the lps and clams that I want to add yet so I'm adding a metal halide next week.
If anyone has any suggestions on what type of lighting I should add or the size of the MH I should add please let me know. (my power bill is starting to kill me)
Trikon

trikonreef

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
http:///forum/post/3049047
Nice tank! Keep an eye on the camel shrimp tho, they usually pick at coral.
lol, I caught a camel picking at the star polyps so a gave it a quick flick with my finger and he hasn't been back. Guess he learned his lesson... or got smarter about sneek'n bites!
Thanks for the heads up. Allot of the time these guys are labeled reef safe but most of us who have actually have kept them know a little better.

trikonreef

here are some more that we took today!

hmm lookin at the pics and then the tank-my husband needs to add water! lol. dont think that he noticed it! ill be sure to let him know!!

trikonreef

Originally Posted by crypt keeper
http:///forum/post/3049859
thats looks way better. At first it looked simple and not good at all. why is the water level so low?
we had a lil issue on saturday, I was home and my husband (trikonreef) was out and about, well i thought that the tank was leaking and had a crack cuz the water wasnt as usual and there was water all over the floor!!! so i called him frantically and told him about it.
he rushed home and started takin the water out and getting the lr out and stuff. then once it seemed to stop he started checkin the different places it would be leaking. well as it turns out, the skimmer was clogged and was causing an overflow. and that was why it was leaking so much. he had check it before we went to bed the night before and it was fine.
so for some reason it got clogged and caused the problem. he got worried and mad for no reason. i was i am sorry!!! i didnt even think to check that. he was like you dont know!!! (he is the one that takes care of everything that goes on with the tank. i just look at it and take pics of it!! lol)
and well, he hasnt had the time to put more water in it. i told him about it earlier too!! he said he would do it.
lol. it does look a lot better though. after our water leak scare, he rearranged it and i agree it looks better!!!

hahah right after i posted this i was telling him about your question about the water, and he said well tell them i am gonna add more right now!!! lol. yay!