New Pics

novice150

I finally got around to taking some new pics. Not much has changed, still just the 3 sharks in the tank. But the Black Tip has grown a bit.
Here's a pic of the tanks previous inhabitants... 60 damsels.

ac

Cool pictures Novice, I for one would definitely like to see the additional pictures.:D

ryebread

Thanks for sharing some updated pics novice!
How long did it take before the sharks ate all of those damsels?
Do you plan on getting any other large fish in there? Only thing that I can really think of having a chance would be Groupers.

aarone

beautiful sharks!
Those are really nice pics. how big is the black tip? in the first pic he looks very large.:eek: :eek:

jim27

Nice. I'd like to see the filtration too and also an updated pic of the bamboo if you have one.

offshore80

Hmm, you just gave me an idea on what to do with the guest bedroom... LOL! Just how did you get a 1700 gal tank in the house????

novice150

Originally posted by Offshore80
Hmm, you just gave me an idea on what to do with the guest bedroom... LOL! Just how did you get a 1700 gal tank in the house????

I didn't. I built it inside the house.:D
Jim27: You'd be amazed to see the bamboo now. She's lost about 90% of her stripes. Almost all grey now. In one of the pics above, you can see her towards the bottom if you look close. I'll snap a pic tonight of her just for you. It's feeding day anyway.:)
aarone: He looks bigger/smaller in some than others because it depends on where I'm at, how much zoom, and where he's at in the tank. He's about 26"-27" now. That's prolly a little high to be honest.
Ryebread: He ate around 20 within 24 hours, 40 within a few days, and all 60 within 2 weeks.:eek:
I'd like to get a grouper, but it would need to be fast, xx large, and mean, or it wouldn't stand a chance. I've had bad luck in the past, and I blame this on the size of the fish I tried.
AC & Jim27: Will post the pics later, along with some of the day the black tip and leopard fought. I might start another thread though, cause there are alot.

bdhough

Didn't you build this in the basement of your house? And post a pic of you swiming in it :) a long time ago. Looks very cool. You should do scuba diving lessons with the sharks and charge a hundred bucks to get in and feed them :)

novice150

Originally posted by jumpfrog
Thanks for the update. When it come to sharks, You the Man!

Thank you:D:D hehe
bdhough: lol I'm actually taking scuba lessons right now. I figure I'll not only be able to clean the tank with ease, but it will also enable me to see my sharks in their natural habitat! :D

harlequinnut

Just make sure you don't have any cuts on you regardless of how small the wound. I hear they're real good at sensing blood in the water.;)

grouperhead

Great shots novice! Any idea on how much longer you'll be able to keep the blacktip? How's the horn doing? They are probably my favorite aquarium sharks...Bo

cincyreefer

Careful getting in the tank with the black tip... They freak out REALLY easy and could injure itself. How long is the tank? It doesn't look to me that it is long enough to house the black tip once it starts to get some size.
Tank looks great though!

novice150

Harlequinnut: I'll keep that in mind. ;) :D
Rocky Bottom: Thank you.
Grouperhead: Thanks. I figure a few more years at the minimum. The pics really are misleading... He's grown, but not alot. The horn is doing great. Eats like a pig, but grows much slower than the other sharks.